Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Anyone rolled back from PT 7.0 ???

Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone has had to roll back from PTLE 7 to an earlier version for any reason and why?

Plug in challenges, system resources, unexpected behaviour, etc.?

Were there any challenges rolling back? Does PT update a bunch of stuff that makes this difficult - ie. firmware, etc.?

All feedback appreciated!

Cheers

Doogz
Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Anyone rolled back from PT 7.0 ???

Quote:
Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone has had to roll back from PTLE 7 to an earlier version for any reason and why?

Plug in challenges, system resources, unexpected behaviour, etc.?

Were there any challenges rolling back? Does PT update a bunch of stuff that makes this difficult - ie. firmware, etc.?

All feedback appreciated!

Cheers

Doogz
Yes, I had to roll back to 6.9. My problems were the scroll bar or counters did not function at all. I could hear the tracks but could not tell where I was in the session. Also wasnt ready to pay to update my WUPs with Waves just yet. Going to wait awhile till I try to go back to 7.0. I did get the plug-in deal out of it so it wasnt too bad.

these are my reasons,

Eddie
Old 12-13-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Anyone rolled back from PT 7.0 ???

A suggestion:

Never update on the main system drive, especially if everything working fine.

It´s much better to make an image copy of the drive, then update the new drive and tweak the hell out of it if necessary. And again, when you find a good new system, make a copy and put in on a bookshelf. Saves from lots of headaches.

That way you also don´t need to "roll back", you just have different PTLE - systems on different drives. I have four or five PTLE system drives drives at the moment. In fact I have 7.0 open right now, this system is my "Net PTLE & Whatever", so to speak.

- i7 520 @ 3.6 GHz / P6T / XP32 / PTLE 8.01 . PT9 on Snow .
- PTLE8 on a macbook.

- And a bunch of miscellaneous obsolete hardware from the past. Like Mix ++++ 64 i/o with Control/24

I`m In The Band: www.ozofficial.com
My guitars are in tune : http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php