Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Searching in Import Audio Dialog

I was using the Import Audio function in PTHD 7.3.1 cs2 and for the first time, I noticed the search box at the top of the dialog box. I popped in the name of the track I was looking for, sorted the list by date, and viola! The search brought it up the track I was looking for in the file view and identified it as a WAV. Super handy.

However, I can't get the file to show up in the "convert" so I can finish the import. If I click on the file name, nothing happens. If I double click the file name, the import dialog disappears. What's going on? The search box is cool--but apparently not supported? Browsing to the file still works fine.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Searching in Import Audio Dialog

Yes. Crazy isn´t it? Since this feature has shown up (around 6.x) it has never worked. Allthough there´s a search function in the window you can neither audition nor import the files you have found.

Also because Digi asks you to turn off spotlight the search doesn´t work anyway if you follow digi´s requirements fully. So the whole feature is pointless.

Unfortunately, because the import-window is the only way to control the volume when auditioning a file.

frank.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Searching in Import Audio Dialog

Quote:
Unfortunately, because the import-window is the only way to control the volume when auditioning a file.

frank.
I thought so, too, but routing the audition path to a separate input of my (analogue) desk lets me control the volume just fine - and ever since I found that importing with workspace (and the great search functions it has to offer) is much easier and faster.

Martin

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de