Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 06:47 PM

Default Need help with my other topic mac to pc

I need to bounce this session --does anybody have the answer
thanks
Old 01-14-2002, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Need help with my other topic mac to pc

they play fine, correct?

make available 2 tracks, assing their inputs as 1&2 if thatīs where your mix is going to, record enable them, mute them and play the song while recording the mix onto those 2 tracks. Now you have a wave, thatīs unfortunately still 48k, which is the stereo mix. Save as, close session. Start new session, set it at 48k, import tracks (your stereo mix), select it and bounce to disk applying the conversion from 48k to 44.1.

just a thought

www.abacomusic.com
Old 01-14-2002, 09:16 PM

S2me2,

IF you have the tracks down already, just TRY this.

Do a File/Save Session Copy As, and set THAT session at what you want it to be. Hopefully, then and there it will convert all tracks to the same format. THEN do your bounce in that new session.

Roy
Old 01-14-2002, 09:32 PM

*rolls his eyes* SO much misinformation

stick, from your previous post you stated that the session plays back fine but you have problems with bouncing. Here's a solution (provided you have two spare tracks, and a free bus pair). I will assume that Bus 15-16 is FREE here.

Here's what to do:

1. Select all the tracks that are routed to the analog 1-2 outputs and assign them to Bus 15-16. Instead of doing this track by track, if you have the tracks selected (shift+click to add tracks to selection) you can hold down ALT+SHIFT and then assign the output to Bus 15-16 this will set the output for all the SELECTED tracks only.

2. Create a new stereo audio track and give it a name, say "MIXDOWN".

3. Assign the input of this new "MIXDOWN" track to Bus 15-16.

4. Record arm the "MIXDOWN" track.

5. Hit ENTER to take you back to the start of the session, then ctrl+spacebar to start recording. What will happen now is your mix will be recorded to the "MIXDOWN" track.

6. When this is done, you will have a big "MIXDOWN" region what you can do now is select this region with the grabber. Then in the regions menu (at the top of the regions bin) select "Export selected as files ..." here you can pick the output format (stereo interleaved being best for burning to CD), for your case you'd want 16-bit, 44.1k. Select "tweakhead" as the processor (sorry i'm doing this from memory and I don't do SRC or bit rate reduction in PT) then pick a folder for the new file.

When you OK this, it export the mixdown region to a new file in the format you have specified.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Marcus
Old 01-14-2002, 10:32 PM

any misleading info was not meant with any harm, maybe Iīm just backwards assed [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

what Marcus said is basically what I meant.

www.abacomusic.com
Old 01-15-2002, 03:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Jorge442:
any misleading info was not meant with any harm, maybe Iīm just backwards assed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally, I knew there was no harm intended by your post but one thing I would REALLY like people to consider when they post is the accuracy of the advice they are giving.

When a new user posts a question or is stuck, the worst thing any of us can do is give them incomplete or incorrect information which, sadly, I see happen a lot. This just leads them to confusion and frustration when the "advice" is worse than the problem.

The forum is a fantastic way of solving problems, I have had problems solved and have hopefully solved a few as well, it would just be really nice to see the signal to noise ratio here improve [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Marcus
Old 01-16-2002, 12:05 AM

No apologies here for trying to help...
Old 01-16-2002, 12:19 AM

Iīll try not to drink and post!

www.abacomusic.com