Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 08:15 PM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

Originally Posted by Tweakhead
That is nice.
I would still like to see the option to have all clips default to having all Clip Effects modules de-activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
They already are
Until you apply and turn on the module, it isn't part of the clip.
That's interesting that your system does not do what I described.
Here is a demo video of what happens on my system. (New track, render selection, open Clip Effects)
Perhaps you can share a similar video demonstration of what happens on yours ?

Pro Tools 2024.3 Clip Effects Demo 1 :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDM...ew?usp=sharing
Old 03-07-2024, 08:26 PM

"The work to qualify macOS 14.3.1 has also resulted in significant performance improvements utilizing Efficiency Cores in M1, M2, and M3 systems."

Great!

Has anyone done any testing on this? it would be very interesting to see some real comparisons. Unfortunately I have already updated PT and I wouldn't want to go back just to do some tests. it would be nice if someone who hasn't updated yet could do some real tests.

Also I just noticed that I now see 16 cores instead of 12 in the System Usage window.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
Oh no! Why has the M-Audio Keyboard protocol been removed from the Peripherals Midi window? This disables both V-Control Pro and Mulligan for me. Please bring this back!
Yikes, where did the M-Audio Keyboard protocol go??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 8.34.26 PM.jpg (24.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2024, 09:26 PM

The midi plugins are all fab. This is getting really close.

If we can just get a simple button when we are in piano roll to switch to drum grid mode, and a way to rename the notes so we know what's what at a glance, then we are even closer.

And something like a chord generator and articulation map to replace key switches would take it totally over the top.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:54 PM

And Sonoma 14.4 dropped today and I installed it to try to fix an issue involving another DAW and Console 1. Oh well… seems to be working okay in macOS 14.4 once I got past the rescan hiccups.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
Originally Posted by Tweakhead
That is nice.
I would still like to see the option to have all clips default to having all Clip Effects modules de-activated.

That's interesting that your system does not do what I described.
Here is a demo video of what happens on my system. (New track, render selection, open Clip Effects)
Perhaps you can share a similar video demonstration of what happens on yours ?

Pro Tools 2024.3 Clip Effects Demo 1 :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDM...ew?usp=sharing
It's been explained before but even though they are "on" they are neutral. All settings are nulled and zeroed. Same as if they were bypassed or off.

Avid should have labeled this "Clip Properties" or something not Clip Effects. All clips have these properties but they don't affect anything until you change the values. So it's not really an added "effect".

And I for one don't expect them to ever add any 3rd party plugins to this.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:21 PM

I can not get PT 2024 to get past the plugin scanning screen without crashing....

Went back to 2023.9 and it's now doing the same thing...

I am on M1 MAX Ventura 13.6.3

I have tried trashing prefs, restarting, updating a few plugins...etc Does anyone have suggestions to try next?
Old 03-07-2024, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLmix View Post
I can not get PT 2024 to get past the plugin scanning screen without crashing....

I have tried trashing prefs, restarting, updating a few plugins...etc Does anyone have suggestions to try next?
You should Scan 2 3 hundred plugins at one time and move the rest to somewhere else like the desktop. Scanning through, exit Protools, then adding more plug-ins, open Protools to re-scan, and so on until the scanning of all plug-ins.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:44 PM

Quote:

Would you by chance have a backup copy of your previous prefs folder as it was with 2023.9 before updating?

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory
Old 03-07-2024, 11:46 PM

Quote:

Whenever this happens (and its happened to me a lot over the years), remove ALL plugins into a temp unscanned folder, then launch. If it still crashes you're in big trouble and contact support, but it'll probably load fine. Then put about a quarter back. Does it crash? Yes = remove and then put half of that quarter back. No = put in another quarter. Keep going until either you have found a rogue plugin or - as has been the case for me more than once - EVERYTHING is back and PT is happy, with no explanation as to why it was ever grumpy.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM