Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2014, 04:35 AM

Default Mbox 3 Orange Lights/Unresponsive

Hi everyone,

Currently having a bit of an issue with my Mbox 3 - its been working fine for the last few years up until today. I have recently switched from windows to a new macbook pro running Mavericks and, since I am running PT9, installed driver 1.1.3. This worked absolutely fine for the after installation (despite avid saying that it wouldn't work with Mavericks), but after I booted up my macbook again, the Mbox lit up with orange lights in the Sig/Clip and with all of the other button lights on and was not recognised at all. I then tried using the most recent driver, but still had the same problem. I then tried my Mbox back on my PC and the problem seems to have stuck. Is there any way of doing a software reset on the Mbox or am I going to have to get it repaired?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 02-26-2014, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Orange Lights/Unresponsive

Wow holy [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]!! Trying to find how to start a thread in here is about useful as trying to find a support contact email or number from avid on their website.
My Mbox has been doing the same thing for a while now and apparently it has been doing the same thing to alot of other people. I went on one forum where (no joke) it was about 20-30 people all looking for a solution. I just want to know where the hell I can find a support contact email or number. I can't believe it is this hard to try and find a solution to something that is defective from this company. I'm super pissed. It has been broken for about a month now and I have no way to even begin to have a solution. No email...once you find a number they want you to have a asc code??? wtf!! None of this makes sense and they need to redo or rethink their strategy of customer service when they know there are groups of people out there with the same [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing problem!!!

Any help would be appreciated....
Old 02-26-2014, 05:52 AM

You have to purchase an ASC code for about £30 which is why everyone usually posts on here first. Very reluctant to do that to just be told that my Mbox needs repair, probably incurring a £40 delivery fee to the US and other repair costs... Anyone with this problem actually sent theirs off?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:01 AM

When you register your device I believe you get a free ASC code. If your problem is a warranty issue, then it wouldn't use your ASC, so you'd have it for another problem down the line.

If you're running OSX Mavericks, can you please post your specific problem and specs in this thread:http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348675

@Veritus, starting a new thread is very simple. Just select the forum heading your problem should be posted under, FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) for example, and click the "New Thread" button just above the list of threads.

Joel

EDIT: Tomcom403: after re-reading your post, since you're experiencing the same problem on a separate, windows PC, I think your issue is likely a bad firmware update during the driver install. You will likely have to contact Avid and arrange a repair.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM