Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2022, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.4 beach freeze occurs constantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
I'm wondering if any of the 2022.5 changes fixed any of this..
Say what now...? 2022.5?

edit: heehaw, I just noticed the update. Let's take a look: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Release-Notes

Nope, nothing that blatantly fixes this. Maybe something unmentioned will assist, something way down under the hood. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:36 AM

Update: Yeah so it actually still crashes in the same way sometimes even if I have no Kontakt 5 sessions running. Guess I jumped the gun there! However I will say that performance is still significantly more stable when I use Kontakt 6 instead of 5. Hope they fix the whole thing for real soon!

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to submit a support ticket without paying for a phone call? I wish I could just submit a crash report, but since it beachballs until force-quit, I never get that popup. Not really sure how to properly alert Avid about the problem because of this.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebemonster View Post

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to submit a support ticket without paying for a phone call? I wish I could just submit a crash report, but since it beachballs until force-quit, I never get that popup. Not really sure how to properly alert Avid about the problem because of this.
Online at Avid.com

Click on MyAccount (top-right) then choose "My Account" from the four options, then in the section marked "My Support" choose "Access the Support Center (portal)". Be prepared for a bit of time needed to fill out all the relevant details and guess what some of the abstract questions mean!

Dominic