Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Default Mbox2, no inputs in pt9- help!

I just got PT9 up and running two days ago and I have been troubleshooting every since. The asio drivers work fine and so far, no real problems with the program itself...knock on wood! The Mbox2 will play sound and can be recognized as an output device, even though I have to manually load it every time, which sucks. I did, get the dreaded clicking/ popping issue at a buffer rate of 256, but I have seemed to fix that.

My problems lay with the inputs on the mbox2. no matter what I do, I cannot get the IO set up to even give me the option of selecting the mbox2 as an input device. I looked at the in the hardware option in "setup" and tried to "import" a setting and their are no mbox2 settings to import. I have looked everywhere only to find nothing.

I tried holding the "N" key while PT9 was loading to bring up my hardware selection, only Asio4all v2 appears, mbox is nowhere to be found. I just want to record!!! *tear*

1) Is there a way to set up protools9 where I don't have to select different output drivers EVERY time I open PT? It gets exhausting re-starting the program.

2) How do I get these inputs to work? Is it a conflict with my "realtek high definition Audio" device?

3) What is this clipping at a buffer rate of 256?

4) Why doesn't Avid care enough to fix this? I bought you product, I believe in protools, don't ignore the multitude of troublesome errors with your product and expect us to pay you for help with the faulty program you sold us!!! I have ideas and all I want to do is record them!

I tried sandra and it wouldn't load after I downloaded it. So I will list what I can.

* ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
* AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
*CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model
*Onboard ATI Radeon HD 4250
*Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (Network Adapter)
* Realtek High definition audio

I hope this helps!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Mbox2, no inputs in pt9- help!

Update--

I tried plugging a condenser mic in, I can hear myself talking through the mic but Protools still does not register any signal.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Mbox2, no inputs in pt9- help!

I finally figured it out. Took me hours of trial and error, but in the end, I finally got protools to recognize my mbox. Works like a dream YAY!

Still wondering about the popping issues at 256 buffer rate though. Any suggestions?