Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Venue D Show vs Venue Profile

I love D-Show layout, but actually like the SC48 the best out of the three for flex channel and multi function encoders.

I've seen people doing shows running D-Show main unit only, pretty sleek with using group and VCA spill to max
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 PM

I agree with digidesigner, I love the SC48 surface and flex fader, but I do not like there is not a digital snake solution for the SC48...that is a must for me. If they would add a digital snake solution, I'd buy two SC48's for our smaller-footprint gigs.. I learned VENUE on a D-Show, but I'm touring with a Profile and it does everything which I need to too!!

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 AM

Just started thinking that it would be cool if on D-Show we could separate center channel fader from the rest of the selected channel and make it "flex fader". I think I never used that fader anyway. So in this scenario I could have my lead vox channel always at my fingertips and the rest of the center channel would follow selected channel as usual. Will add this to ideascale...
Old 07-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Are you referring to the MAINS fader? I never use that thing...so...if it could be something that can be switched on (similar to QUE on MAINS fader) that would be rockin!!)

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmillerjr View Post
Are you referring to the MAINS fader? I never use that thing...so...if it could be something that can be switched on (similar to QUE on MAINS fader) that would be rockin!!)
I mean the center channel fader that is right next to the trackball on D-Show console and controls the level of selected channel that is called up on the center section of the console. I typically find myself not using that fader ever, as the selected channel is typically right there on the layer I'm working on otherwise it would be nearly impossible to select that channel (it is thru GUI or + and - buttons, but how many seriously use these to select a channel?)