Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Realy usefull feature. PLEASE!!!!

Hi Digidesign!
I've come to ask you for a realy usefull feature.
Try to make a seach window on the upper right corner on the edit window to filter the regions. I work with a lot of audio regions and it takes so many steps to filter them. This would be much simpler and eficient.
And, since there is available space, there could be a window to show information about the region selected in the region list - like Time - or indicate the duration after the region name, like the stereo info.

Another request:
Try to fix this bug - When I drag a region to the playlist I need to see if there is anything else ahead, if it is too long, so it won't delete the other regions on that track where I'm placing it.
And the region lock doesn't work!!
If the region is shorter that the other on the track, it simply cuts the previous region and makes 2 locked and the new region stays in the midle of them. If it is bigger than the region there, it simply replaces it! - This allways happened in PT since I've been working with it (PT 4.x).

Hey! I love to work with PT, but each upgrade brings something new to spoil your day.
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Realy usefull feature. PLEASE!!!!

WOW man - you really nailed it))) AS if you were talking right out my mouth)) Please Digi - those are REALLY useful features...

Although I dont think you second suggestion is a bug. I think it is the normal workflow.... But it would be a nice feature to integrate if you ask me.....