Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 05:33 AM

Default Clients coming!! Please Help!! Can\'t open Session!

Hi All! Please Help!

Clients is coming in 3 hours!! Please Help!!

After i've upgraded from 888/24 Mix plus G4 system to the PCI-e HD Accel 3 G5 Dual 2Ghz system, i CANNOT open some of the sessions which was created in PT6.4 2 weeks ago!!

When i open one of the session, i got this message "Could not complete your request because basic_string: out_of_range while translating Audio Region List".

While another session shows the following message "Time type mismatch occurred in "Time_Typed.cpp" line 290", and after i click on "OK", it shows, "Could not complete your request because Assertion in "Protools.cpp", line 1516.

I've search the DUC and only found one similiar post but the solution isn't work for me which is copy the entire session into another harddrive.

Also search the k.base here but still don't know what's going on.

I've try creating a new session and "import session data" from the session which i can't open, and i got the same responds.

I've also try to reboot, unpluged all the firewire drives, trash the DAE preferences folder, got the latest PT version PTHD7.1 cs8 but none of these help....

So worry about the other session may got the same problem which i did not discovered yet.

And i can't switch back to the old system because the 888/24 and the Cards have been shipped back to digi for the hardware exchange.

Can anyone help? Please help on this Digidesign.

All the best,

tung.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Clients coming!! Please Help!! Can\'t open Session!

You just coming to do a recording based on your previous output? Can you first import your bounced output file first, do the recording and then work with the RAW previous data again later?

Sorry for not knowing your situtaion.

Good Luck.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:00 AM

Have you tried Digitranslator to export from the old sessions?

cheers
geo

Hilton Media Management

Film Doctors http://www.filmdoctors.com
Me... http://georgiahilton.webs.com/
Stage 32 http://www.stage32.com/profile/6569/georgia-hilton
My Production Company http://www.hiltonmm.com

CREDITS (partial) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385255/resume
MEMBER: IATSE LOCAL 700
Old 07-24-2006, 06:17 AM

Create a new session with the right bit and sample rate. Then import session data of the song that won't open from the file menu.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:28 AM

Hi KMK,

Thanks man, but the session i am working on is a quit complicated TV Commerical session, there are no audio files starting from the same point and with lots of fx tracks besides the music multitrack with different takes. I think i won't be able to spot them all into a new session.

I've also try the "session files backup" files but none of them work, only a few work but they are not up to date, which are before the director came in here to fine tune.

Thanks anyway man!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:31 AM

Hi Georgia,

Oh I've never use the Digitranslator. And will give a a try, thanks a lot. BTW, do i need to buy it??

T
Old 07-24-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Clients coming!! Please Help!! Can\'t open Sess

Quote:
Hi KMK,

Thanks man, but the session i am working on is a quit complicated TV Commerical session, there are no audio files starting from the same point and with lots of fx tracks besides the music multitrack with different takes. I think i won't be able to spot them all into a new session.

I've also try the "session files backup" files but none of them work, only a few work but they are not up to date, which are before the director came in here to fine tune.

Thanks anyway man!
If you "import session data" all your files will appear at the spot locations where they were in the "bad" session.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Clients coming!! Please Help!! Can\'t open Sess

Quote:

If you "import session data" all your files will appear at the spot locations where they were in the "bad" session.
what he said.

but i gotta ask...you say you just got HD

why in the name of common sense are you not calling digi's "crack" tech support

cuz it was sunday?

do you use auto save? if not...why not?

if you did start launching those sessions from your backup sessions folder

Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 AM

When you tried importing the tracks... did you try importing just a single track? such as a guide track to see if even that one track would come in? Sometimes automation can be corrupted on individual tracks, or a corrupt fade can be causing the problem... and if you were able to import most of the tracks into your session, you would be better off than starting at scratch. Try importing each track one at a time... and try importing it with only the main playlist, having it ignore the other settings that you can easily recreate.

My other thought is to try to stuff and send the sessions out to someone else and see if they can open them for you and then have them resave it - even in a 5.0 or 4.3 format, so that you can at least get going. If the session is not working for someone else, then find someone who has the exact same setup that you used to have - with the same versions... if that doesn't work, then you would have to consider the sessions to be corrupt and possibly unrecoverable.

I am curious if you can open/create any new sessions on your new setup... have you reformatted the drives to work with OSX recently, or are these still the drives that were formatted OS9 only. Try formatting a new firewire drive (In OSX) and copying the session to that drive and see if it opens up on that drive.

Good luck.

Tom
Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 AM

After you trash everything, create a new session, and verify its sample based, not tick based. Tha should right your prefs.
Close the session, without quitting Protools, then from the open Protools app, open your problem session.

Unless, you made your previous tick based, then do the opposite.