Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 PM

Default 7.3 How do I import send levels to new session

Hello,

I do scoring, and I need to make new sessions that keep all of my settings, mainly send levels when I import. Lately, I get all the tracks and plug-ins, some of the send levels are at zero, instead of where they were set on the other session.

BTW- I have automation off on these channels. Some of these channels are audio tracks, some are aux inputs, have proble with either type.

Thanks,

Mr. A.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:58 AM

Default Re: 7.3 How do I import send levels to new session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anxiety View Post
Hello,

I do scoring, and I need to make new sessions that keep all of my settings, mainly send levels when I import. Lately, I get all the tracks and plug-ins, some of the send levels are at zero, instead of where they were set on the other session.

BTW- I have automation off on these channels. Some of these channels are audio tracks, some are aux inputs, have proble with either type.

Thanks,

Mr. A.
Hi,

Open a new session that you want to work in, and use ""import Session Data" which comes up when you click on the first session's PT pointer file icon. From there, it allows you to import just about every aspect of your session, from tracks to sends, etc. It works well sometime for session that wind up getting corrupted too. Give it a try. Good luck.

P.S. There is a field that allows you to send whatever data you have. from volume to send levels. Try that.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:49 PM

Reviving this thread. When I use "import session data", I still am not getting my send levels in the new template. Some are there, but most are at null, and every track is in "read" mode, when the session I'm importing from is in "off" mode (automation).
Tried importing all automation, tried importing no automation, no luck.

I want to import:

All tracks - input and output
Track names, i/o assignments, plug-ins, volume levels, and mainly- send levels, and pre-post status. Pretty much everything but the regions/media.
When I select what to import, I never have any luck retaining all of this info.

Help please.v vThanks, Mr. A.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:38 PM

I'm getting the same problem in PT 11

I do a lot of radio and TV audio. I import track session data from older sessions (Huge time saver), with lots of setting and routing using sends and multiple outputs.

Since PT 11, when I import a track using "import session data" all my sends are nulled. Everything else seems OK. Really weird. Can't anyone help?

Thanks in advance

JV
Pro tools Current, Guinness Can MacPro 3.5GHZ 6-core, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo Quad, AxiomPro 61. Waves, Massey, NI Komplete, Spitfire, Vienna Strings, EastWest, Reason, Spectrasonics, wife, kids, dogs, cats, farm, soundlogicaudio.com
Old 06-13-2014, 03:04 PM

Make sure that "Volume Automation and Setting" is checked in the Track Data to Import menu. Also check "Pan automation and Setting" and "Mute Automation and Setting" if you have any send panning or mutes going on.

If you only import the Send assignments, it only keeps track of the bus and FMP setting.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=Mr. Anxiety;1559892]Reviving this thread. When I use "import session data", I still am not getting my send levels in the new template. Some are there, but most are at null, and every track is in "read" mode, when the session I'm importing from is in "off" mode (automation).

I had a similar problem, I solved it. The session I am importing from, although automation in every track is set to "off" it still contained automation "breakpoints" (didn't realize they were there, because of the auto "off") You still bring them into the new session. Since the new session has automation in "read" mode, PT snaps all your faders and send levels to the breakpoint value (in my case it was null)

I believe that's why your send levels that have automation are where they should be, and the ones with a "null' breakpoint (that you don't realize you have) snap to null.

Pro tools Current, Guinness Can MacPro 3.5GHZ 6-core, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo Quad, AxiomPro 61. Waves, Massey, NI Komplete, Spitfire, Vienna Strings, EastWest, Reason, Spectrasonics, wife, kids, dogs, cats, farm, soundlogicaudio.com