Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Uninstall/ reinstall troubles.....

I need to uninstall PTLE, after i performed a system restore, I was told i had to uninstall from the LE disk, but can find no uninstall option. I have tried uninstalling from my control panel, but now i can't reinstall. Please help. The system restore was very necessary.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Uninstall/ reinstall troubles.....

geminiboy: reason to uninstall from the uninstall shield wizard on the disc would be so it gathers all the PT directories on your drive and completely removes I believe so you can continue with a clean install. At this point, you may want to back up anything important on the drive, format the drive, and then clean install from there I believe. This will ensure that things are properly installed once again when you bring the system back up without any further software conflicts. Goodluck
Old 07-14-2005, 01:37 PM

Id you search the answeebase you will find the manual uninstall method. If I can find it I will repost it.

Charlie - I dont think you have any idea what you are talking about.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:40 PM

This could be caused by a corrupt registry or a faulty installation disc.

It would be advised to create a system restore point before editing the registry.

If any attempt to uninstall and/or reinstall Pro Tools using normal conventions fails, and you suspect a corrupted registry, use a 3rd party utility such as regcleaner to remove all Digidesign entries from the Software and Uninstall portions of the Windows registry. If these sections aren't clearly labeled to you in your 3rd party utility they can be found by navigating to the following keys using your preferred registry editing utility or regedit.exe in Windows.

Software entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Digidesign

delete the Digidesign key

Uninstall entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ (any keys relating to Digidesign)

delete any keys relating to Digidesign - this will remove them from the Uninstall list in Add / Remove Programs, allowing you to start a clean install from cd.

After removing the Digidesign registry entries delete the Digidesign folders on the hard drive:

C:\Program Files\Digidesign

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign

Restart the computer

Install Pro Tools from the installation disc.

If this does not take care of the problem you may need to reinstall Windows.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:53 PM

Quote:
This could be caused by a corrupt registry or a faulty installation disc.
If this does not take care of the problem you may need to reinstall Windows.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Ummm....

A manual uninstall should be all he needs to do.

I have had my installation get corrupted many times.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:30 PM

yeah, probably should work as long as there are no other complications from his system restore on there. I was under the impression that he restored caus of something like spyware or a virus to some degree when he posted. *shrugs* I agree that it would be easier for the manual install if it works, but have not seen goodluck with things like that on many softwares before with the windows system restore... if it were a roll back image of something like Nortons Ghost, then no reinstall would most likely be needed. but ya gotta love Microsoft... hehe