Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2023, 06:14 PM

Default Sample rate error

So I’m getting this error, “pro tool can not set sample rate to specific value”
Old 06-12-2023, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Sample rate error

More details on your signature, clawing blind here.

Try this.
Open the Playback Engine dialog under the Setup menu item.

From the menu bar select Setup > Playback Engine… to open the Playback Engine dialog window.
Select your current playback engine.

Old 06-12-2023, 07:06 PM

Most likely you have some other app or the OS itself setting the sample rate on the interface or you are trying to use a sample rate the interface does not support. But how can we guess since you don't describe *anything* about your setup.

Read "Help us Help You" up the top of each DUC web page. If you need more help provide the type of information asked for there. Especially the interface, and exact interface driver you are using, computer specs and exact operating system. What is the session sample rate you are trying to use?
Old 06-13-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Most likely you have some other app or the OS itself setting the sample rate on the interface or you are trying to use a sample rate the interface does not support. But how can we guess since you don't describe *anything* about your setup.

Read "Help us Help You" up the top of each DUC web page. If you need more help provide the type of information asked for there. Especially the interface, and exact interface driver you are using, computer specs and exact operating system. What is the session sample rate you are trying to use?
96 k session
Catalina
Focusrite 18i20
This only happens with pro tools
No other apps running
Old 06-13-2023, 06:28 PM

Oh Focusrite,… try setting the desired sample rate in the Focusrite control app thingy before starting Pro Tools.

Really really make sure there are no other apps running, no Apple Music, no web browsers, etc.
Old 06-13-2023, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Oh Focusrite,… try setting the desired sample rate in the Focusrite control app thingy before starting Pro Tools.

Really really make sure there are no other apps running, no Apple Music, no web browsers, etc.
Again no other apps running. So you’re suggesting that every session I should browse to the session folder / audio files and right click get info check the sample rate then goto focusrite control and set it and then open the slow tools session? Genius! 🤣
Old 06-13-2023, 07:44 PM

Yes I'm suggesting you try to do that and check if it works, and if so it's likely a fairly well known issue with Focusrite interfaces and Pro Tools. And I'm not sure why you are asking for help if you are going to piss and whine when it's offered. And if it turns out you have that problem contact Focusrite support and complain at them, or buy a better interface. And yes I'm double checking to make sure you realize apps here include things like web browsers, not just obvious audio apps/DAWs etc.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiplex View Post
Again no other apps running. So you’re suggesting that every session I should browse to the session folder / audio files and right click get info check the sample rate then goto focusrite control and set it and then open the slow tools session? Genius!
That's not it at all YOU genius. Anyway, not being rude, just following the example set.

However, I've used a Focusrite interface for YEARS, no problem whatsoever.

1) I always set the Focusrite to the sample rate I desire to work at.

2) I always set Pro Tools Session to the sample rate I desire to work at.

3) I always import audio with proper Sample Rate Conversion to set the sample rate I desire to work at.

Browse, right click, check, slow....
Fools do that way.

I read the Focusrite documentation once, years ago, and got to work. This has always been the way I do it. The way it always reliably works.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 06-14-2023, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
That's not it at all YOU genius. Anyway, not being rude, just following the example set.

However, I've used a Focusrite interface for YEARS, no problem whatsoever.

1) I always set the Focusrite to the sample rate I desire to work at.

2) I always set Pro Tools Session to the sample rate I desire to work at.

3) I always import audio with proper Sample Rate Conversion to set the sample rate I desire to work at.

Browse, right click, check, slow....
Fools do that way.

I read the Focusrite documentation once, years ago, and got to work. This has always been the way I do it. The way it always reliably works.

I don’t have error messages in my other daws. They magically set the sample rate or convert the audio if needed.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiplex View Post
I don’t have error messages in my other daws. They magically set the sample rate or convert the audio if needed.
Ok....

Pro Tools sessions have NEVER magically changed sample rate in the 13 years I've used it.

Just sayin'

||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //