Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2015, 06:41 PM

Default 12.2.1 - Are we there yet ?

READ ME ; Copied ; from AVID website (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/r...-Release-Notes) ..., for your convenience

Pro Tools 12.2.1 Release Notes

Bug Fixes

VCAs in Pro Tools (non-HD)

VCA levels are no longer incorrectly coalesced to the mix group when opening a session with VCAs in Pro Tools
Session Notes no longer displays "This version of PT does not support VCA masters" when opening a session with VCAs in Pro Tools

Music

MIDI Output path selector menus now display track name in addition to the MIDI node (i.e. the name and index of the Virtual Instrument). In the case of a track with multiple MIDI nodes, typical for workflows with VE Pro, track names have a sub-menu to display all MIDI nodes.
Fixed scenarios where audio from multi-output Virtual Instruments was not rendered during offline bounce
Automatic assignment of the MIDI Output of an Instrument track now reverts to none when removing the currently assigned Virtual Instrument from the track. Previously, Pro Tools would deactivate the route but leave it assigned and other inconsistent behavior would occur moving VIs around Instrument Tracks. Now, the only automatic assignments are to assign automatically to the first MIDI node of the first instrument added to the track, and to automatically set to none when the routed instrument is removed from the track.
Velocity and Transpose Real Time Properties correctly filter incoming MIDI data
MIDI Output path is remembered when moving a Virtual Instrument to another insert slot on an Instrument Track
Playback starts correctly from the Play Start Marker after using the grabber tool to move the timeline selection in Dynamic Transport mode
Fixed AAE error -9013 loading East West Play

Broadcast

Pro Tools Import Settings in Interplay Administrator are reflected in the Pro Tools Dashboard and Import Session Data dialogs
Renaming clip and file name before exporting to AAF or Interplay will no longer result in offline in Media Composer.
Fixed all localized strings for the Interplay error "It is already checked out by Administrator on..."

Automation

Special-cased automation write to warnings to alleviate accidental overwriting of automation on all or most of the timeline:
When users start playback without a timeline selection, make an edit selection during playback in hopes of writing automation to the new selection, then use Write to Start, Write to Selected, or Write to End, we will always end the pass with the respective automation warnings even if the preference to suppress warnings is enabled.
The do-to-selected modifier for changing track view to an automated parameter now applies to Plug-ins. For tracks within a track selection that have the same insert in the same slot with the same parameter automated, Shift+Ctrl+Opt+Cmd+Click (Mac) or Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Win+Click (Win) on that parameter in a plug-in GUI will set those track’s views to the clicked parameter.
Changes made to tracks in Auto Read when all automation is suspended no longer reset to previous values when turning off suspend

Editing

Clips moved on to the tops or tails of other clips are properly overlaid
Corrected the "remove" language to the proper "delete" language in the dialog that follows attempting to Delete a file by using the Clear command from the clips list
Clips can no longer be moved beyond the session length using Spot
The Clear command in the Clip List allows deleting of whole files from disk that have no sub clips in use in the session

Crashes and Errors - Please continue submitting crash logs!

Fixed a crash using Destructive Punch with too much system delay
Fixed a crash when trying to import .pio or session file into a Mic Preamps pane of I/O Setup
Fixed a crash after intermittent failure to select text with cursor in the metadata window (Mac only)
Fixed a PACE error and failure to launch Pro Tools when the username includes non-ASCII characters
Fixed a crash when closing session while doing a Field Recorder "Select Areas to Search"
Fixed a case where Pro Tools would hang on "Initializing Audio Engine" during launch
Fixed a hang when calculating Elastic Analysis on network shares such as ISIS
Fixed a case where an assertion error is thrown when using Import Session Data
Fixed "PACE License Support Not Up to Date" error on first launch

Workspace and File Management

Automatic Relinking of missing files no longer automatically relinks to files that match by name but have an empty UID
Manual relink no longer fails to find audio files if the session contains both missing video and audio files
Whole File Clips that are not used on a track but are referred to by the sub clips used on that track are now correctly imported when using Import Session Data
Attempting to delete an audio file from "Project Browser" now properly checks if sub-clips are used in the session
File sizes in Workspace browser are now calculated correctly
Using the arrow keys to navigate up and down in the workspace no longer cycles from bottom to top or top to bottom

AAX

ModDelay 3 properly reads ModDelay 2 presets when running a Core Audio (Mac) or ASIO/WASAPI (Win) playback engine, fixing the new ModDelay 2 to ModDelay 3 compatibility introduced in Pro Tools 12.0 for all users
Fixed cases where plug-ins in Pro Tools 12.2 would load slowly on first instantiation after install
Native plug-in submenu appears correctly when all voiced tracks already have a DSP plug-in inserted
Plug-ins activate when dragged from inactive tracks to active tracks as long as the plug-in is not explicitly deactivated first
Known issue:
Users with a large number of installed AAX plug-ins may experience a hang on the first launch of Pro Tools after upgrading. If Pro Tools hangs indefinitely quit and launch again.

Miscellaneous

Increased performance of waveform overview calculation during session load, decreasing load time
Arrow keys can be used to navigate in-app menus
Ctrl+W and Cmd+W properly close windows by type in Pro Tools
Users are warned if there is too much system delay to perform Destructive Punch
Fixed a failure to save Pro Tools sessions referencing an AAF or Embedded OMF with 'Save Copy In' unless 250+ GB are available on destination drive.
Fixed sluggish joystick response with MC Pro which caused automation to be written incorrectly
Clips are properly created in the timeline and clips list if Pro Tools is taken offline during record with "Transport Record Lock" preference enabled
The default setting of the “Edit Insertion Follows Scrub/Shuttle” preference has been changed from Off to On
Alt + Enter (return) key confirms on screen dialogs (Windows)
User-specified path is remembered after saving a session using the "Prompt for location" radio button.
SYNC indicator lights are properly hidden when expanding and contracting the Synchronization section of the Session Setup window
Collapsible sections in the Session Setup window only collapse by clicking the header or disclosure element
Toggling active state of a mix group no longer causes solos to link when using "shift-S"

Control Surfaces

Solo Mode (SIP, AFL, PFL) and Solo Latch Mode (Latch, X-OR, Momentary) are now available as EUCON soft keys
I/O Setup

Fixed a case where sub paths of surround outputs would import incorrectly under main paths of smaller widths
Corrected the warning message that appears when trying to delete an output path which has multiple bus assignments and one of the busses is used in session
Fixed a case where the Make Active option appears for track output that is already shown as active

Metadata Inspector

User-entered hints list in the labels list are now bold
Label hints list now uses a scroll bar if there are many hints
Localization

Fixed all localized strings for the "Share with button" in the "Export Selected" dialog window

Fixed French, German, and Japanese localized strings in Preferences > Operation > User Library section
Fixed the display of German localized string in the firmware update dialog for HDX cards
Corrected French translation of "Prompt for location" in the dashboard

Accessibility

The Window Configurations window is now fully accessible by VoiceOver

Notes & Octaves are properly announced by VoiceOver in the Event Operations window
VoiceOver properly announces "minus" in the Event Operations window in text entry fields.
VoiceOver properly announces the Meter Click value in the Time Operations window
Focus remains on AudioSuite plug-in window after Processing, Analyzing, or Rendering
With VoiceOver enabled, adjusting MIDI Volume Indicator in Instrument section of an Instrument track no longer incorrectly adjusts the track volume
The Volume, Peak, and Delay indicators in the I/O section of the Edit Window are now accessible
Old 09-29-2015, 06:43 PM

Default Re: 12.2.1 - Are we there yet ?

Are there still BUGS in 12.2.1 - that needs fixing ???
Old 09-29-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam green View Post

Software is never entirely bug free. It's simply the nature of the beast.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:08 PM

Many bug fixed 12.2.1 - thank you :) ..,

Quote:

but disappointingly again for me ...,

- I see no mention (under control surfaces) , for the Slate Raven BATCH COMMANDS fix ?

- Still no mention for a fix to the Avid CoreAudio Plugin that is causing Pro Tools to crash / freeze when used with Native Instruments APPS (that can also use N.I hardware) , plus other apps like Audiofile TRIUMPH 2.5 ....,, this bug still lingers from the introduction of Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Software is never entirely bug free. It's simply the nature of the beast.
- true
Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Many bug fixed - thank you :) ..,

but ...,

- I see no mention (under control surfaces) , for the Slate Raven BATCH COMMANDS fix ?

- Still no mention for a fix to the Avid CoreAudio Plugin that is causing Pro Tools to crash / freeze when used with Native Instruments APPS (that can also use N.I hardware) , plus other apps like Audiofile TRIUMPH 2.5 ....,, this bug still lingers from the introduction of Yosemite
I would assume Slate and NI would have those fixes, no?

The list of known issues, not fixed, still in PT is about 13 pages long (start at page 4). I'm sure they cover most of what is still ailing some folks here.

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._Mac_87389.pdf
Old 09-29-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
I would assume Slate and NI would have those fixes, no?
No , these are actually bugs that reside on AVIDs side of the fence . Both Slate and N.I (and all there users) have been hounding AVID to fix it for ages but to no avail
Old 09-29-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
No , these are actually bugs that reside on AVIDs side of the fence . Both Slate and N.I (and all there users) have been hounding AVID to fix it for ages but to no avail
Just curious, what are bugs that are on Avid's side of the fence that stop Slate and NI?
Old 09-29-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Isn't that the arrow key moving in plugins issue, that seems to have been fixed now?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 09-30-2015, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
Isn't that the arrow key moving in plugins issue, that seems to have been fixed now?
..., ahhh cool I missed that one , I was looking under controllers

..., now that just leaves the tired year old bug with the AvidCoreAudio Plugin to get fixed
Old 09-30-2015, 12:20 PM

Here's a new one:

When I move a plugin on an instrument track to another track in PT 12.2.1 it crashes immediately.

Anyone else having this issue?
Digi 002r
Command 8