Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 09:02 PM

Default 7.4 resetting the waveform height

OK, so now we have this kind of clumsy way of resetting the zoom height offset (the bane of my existence). You are meant to hold down the Command-Shift modifier keys and click on a zoom button in the upper left of the edit window.

The reference manual says...
To set all audio track waveform heights to match the waveform height of the topmost audio track in the Edit window: Control-Shift-click (Windows) or Command-Shift-click (Mac) any of the Zoom buttons. All waveform height offsets will be lost. (good ridance)

Command-Shift-clicking the zoom up side works most of the time but will sometimes increase all waveforms as well.
Command-Shift-clicking the zoom down side wont usually work until the waveforms have decreased in ratio at least twice, then they match.
Command-Shift-clicking the left or right zoom keys just adjusts the horizontal zoom and does not affect the waveform height.

So it does work, but not as advertised. And it certainly isn't any easier than zooming up or down all the way first. Couldn't there be a hot key that works everytime. I already know about Option-A, but that zooms all the way out as well. If there was a preference to disable wave height offsets, I would use it.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: 7.4 resetting the waveform height

Yeah this one drove me nuts too but I've found a quick cure..

Select the Zoomer Tool and then hold Shift+CTRL and drag up or down to remove all offsets. Also just holding CTRL while dragging up or down with the zoomer tool zooms individual waveforms.

D