Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 07:24 AM

Default protools m-powered and projectmix i/o

I recently build up a m-powered system using M-audio projectmix i/o harware interface, after put all hardware together and install protools software and drivers, everything worked fine but after a few hour working I started to have errors message from protools saying comunication problems with projectmix device. Decide to update the firmware inside the projectmix (given don´t know why reason it come with an old version instead of the new one that was released more than a year ago). Well "wrong decision", started the download process using an utility program provide by m-audio and after a minute or two of file transfer, there was a message of "file transfer error and try again", been trying again durin the last 4 days and the same error message ( wrote to M-audio service support and not answer yet!!!!) but what is worse look like the device lost the old firmware version and now turn on the equipment and only a blank display and just a dead piece of hardware, the device only work in "firmware upgrade mode". If somebody have any suggestion please help.

thanks

juan serrallonga
Old 08-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Avid

Default Re: protools m-powered and projectmix i/o

Can you provide more information on your system per the instructions Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x General Troubleshooting thread?

Did you download the latest firmware from the M-Audio website?

Have you tried contacting M-Audio tech support by phone?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 AM

thanks Digitechsupt for your promt response,

about PC configuration did not mentioned because i followed the recomendation on the thread "best desktop PC for protools", mobo= ASU A8N SLI PREMIUM, AMD X2 4400+, 1GB RAM, ATI GX700 256mb, TWO 10,OOO RPM WESTERN DIGITAL DRIVE. (I am using the integrated on the motherboard FW 1394 port)

and yes, I followed all the sugestion about how to configure out and set the differents options.

yes i am downloading the firmware update from the m-audio site. I believe that because in order to issue the update you have to use an utility called projectmix control (downloade from their site) that has an option in the menu to upgrade the projectmix firmware. there are not other method as far as I know and read in the M-audio site to do it.

no, I have not called yet to m-audio support. I used the technical support web page to comunicate them about my problem, and have not received any answer.

thanks

juan serrallonga
Old 12-04-2006, 04:50 PM

Have you received an answer from support about this yet?

I had the same problem and the unit is now unuseable.