Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2023, 06:46 AM

Default Use or Export Avid Space IRs in another reverb in Ableton?

Hi...

I have an older Pro Tools perpetual license with CPTK and Space etc... honestly haven't launched Pro Tools in several years, but I have a project I'm working on in Ableton Live that would be interesting to mess around with some of the IRs from Space.

Is there a way to load or convert the IRs from Space (including the extra .tls) packages to use in another third party convolution reverb in Ableton?

There's been a few times where I wished I had Space and its IRs.. I know I could pipe audio from one DAW to the other, but I'm often working in a live streaming capacity, so wasting system resources like that for one plugin locked to AAX just doesn't makes sense.

Would be excited to hear of another way to make this happen if anyone knows.

Cheers!

PS: Wow... my 'signature is from like 2017 when I last logged into the DUC
MAC Pro 6 Core 3.33 24GB RAM/ OSX 10.8.5/ Pro Tools HD 10 and 11.2.0 Native with OMNI/ KORG M3-88/ KORG Radias R/ KP3 & Kaossilator Pro/ Roland JV-2080/ Rode NT1/ Takamine TAN-15C/ ESP VB-400/ PRS McCarty/ PRS SE/ Yamaha TRB5II/ Jackson Flying V/ various BOSS pedals/ MESA Rect-O-Verb 25/ DV Mark C212V/ Roland TD-6 Kit with extras/ Yamaha & KRK monitors/ Lexicon MPX 100/ Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL/ Alesis 3630/ Many softwares :)
Old 08-26-2023, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Use or Export Avid Space IRs in another reverb in Ableton?

I don't know about the .tls packages, are these the IR installers?

But, you can drag and drop any audio file as an IR to Ableton Live's convolution reverb. The Space IRs are just wave files, find them in your application support folder. However Space uses multi-mono files. To use stereo or true-stereo IRs you need to convert these to polyphonic wave files. For true-stereo pay attention to the channel order that Live uses, I guess you need to find that out.
Old 08-27-2023, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Use or Export Avid Space IRs in another reverb in Ableton?

You can use click to generate IR from space, then bounce and export to wav and Ableton.