Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2009, 04:12 PM

Default random entire midi track pitch changes after recording track

Ok. I noticed somebody posted this problem to the Mac pro tools area, and I was told that the fix was to "turn off pitch change" under Midi settings. I don't see the setting they're referring to.. however!

This problem has been going on for years. I think I've had it since 6.x, it would happen once in a while... but since I've had 8.x the last few months, it happens all the time. I can record tracks, save em... then I can leave the machine on overnight, do nothing, and when I come back the next day to play the thing, the chance that one of the tracks I previously recorded midi data to will now have mysteriously changed the pitch of the entire track up or down a step or two is pretty good. Sure, I can go in and transpose the thing, but then when I save it and restart, the pitch is wack because I've changed it from where it's "supposed" to be. The only fix I know of is to reboot XP. Seems to happen regardless of midi instrument I use, or no instrument and use an external synth/source for playback.

Anyone have any info on this? I know this sounds minor, but this is so infuriatingI'm thinking of chucking PT for good just because I use midi so much now.

Thanks very much PT-ers. I really appreciate your assistance.

e!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 AM

Question Re: random entire midi track pitch changes after recording track

anyone... bueller....
Old 01-16-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Re: random entire midi track pitch changes after recording track

Im having the exact same problem, Unfortunately for me, my pitch has permanently changed. Seems like the whole eq of the track has been affected too. Im at a loss on this one, my midi track is totally garbage now unless I come up with a fix.