Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Default Cannot install mp3 option

Hello,

I'm having troubles installing the mp3 option (to my iLok). Here's what I'm doing (PTLE 7.4 cs3 win xp):
I got the CUBS code on the card that came with DV Toolkit 2.
I export a region as mp3.
The installer/activation pops up,
I select 'use iLok'.
I deselect 'use licence card'.
Next question is 'internet activation' or 'manual activation', I choose internet.
A small window pops up, connecting to server, waiting for response from server...
A new webpage automatically opens, going to digistore http://store.digidesign.com/nl/index...=8115-57045-00
I cannot select anything from the dropdown. If I press 'add to cart' it says 'cart is empty'. The 'waiting for response from server' window in the background is still up.
There is no way for me to enter any code, or no place to enter my iLok account. How is this suppose to work?

pace drivers etc are all updated, ilok.com is working fine, internet is working fine too :)
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Cannot install mp3 option

This might be strictly terminology, but might also help to make things clearer. The ONLY thing that goes on your I-lok is the AUTHORIZATION, not the actual MP3 option. So. First thing...did you set up an I-lok account? Second, you log on to your I-lok account and download the authorization to your I-lok. (Digi deposits this authorization in your I-lok account at point-of-purchase, and this is the ONLY way to make this happen.) Then when you launch Pro Tools, it should find the authorization and you're good to go.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:42 PM

First create an account with ilok.com so you can give your user ID to Digi.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 AM

I got an iLok account, using it for DV toolkit so thats working. But I didn't buy mp3 option from digistore, the serial code came on a cardboard card within the DV toolkit package (the one starting with CUBS, as all mp3 option codes do).
There is just no place to enter that code. Not within ProTools and not at the avid account page.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 AM

Ok the problem seems I'm using a pre PT7.3 mp3 option code with PT 7.4. I'll try to contact digidesign support to convert it to iLok in some kind of way.
(would be nice to add this code incompatability to the mp3 option faq?)
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM

If they gave you a "text style" code, it should ask for it the first time you try to bounce something out as an MP3.