Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2023, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
Apogee seem to have updated their main plugins (free Soft Limit is not updated) as well and as far as Clearmountain´s Spaces is concerned
its AAX Silicon Native ready.

At least Clearmountain´s Spaces is Universal now and appears and works well in Pro Tools Silicon Native here.

Cheers.
Apogee is odd when it comes to the Soft Limit plugin. To find updates I have to email them and even then it's as though they're granting a favor by providing it. Feels like they regret having offered it for free or want to stop supporting it altogether. I don't use it because I don't see it hanging around for the long haul.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:55 AM

Sorry if this is slightly old news, but I just found out...

PA has added AAX native ARM versions for every one of my missing plugins including DSM v3 which was the biggest holdout for me. VERY happy about that!

Also, iZotope updated a few more including Insight2. Hopefully the EA reverbs will be finished soon...

If you've been waiting for PA or iZotope updates, it's worth having a look again to see if they're ready. I didn't get any sort of notification from either of those companies.

Last edited by zakco; 09-17-2023 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:55 AM

Guys, AS is AudioSuite. If you refer to the term Apple uses (Apple Silicon, iPhone Silicon, iPad Silicon) please use moniker ARM which it is technically.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:28 AM

No, nothing has changed since the last Plugin-Alliance-update some weeks ago. Ampeg B-15N on Carbon DSP-mode still crashes in mono. Very frustrating.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Guys, AS is AudioSuite. If you refer to the term Apple uses (Apple Silicon, iPhone Silicon, iPad Silicon) please use moniker ARM which it is technically.
Right. Edited.
Old 09-17-2023, 01:31 PM

I really debated posting about this, but in case anyone cares, iZotope updated their free turntable simulation "Vinyl" plugin yesterday (?) so AAX is now native for Apple Silicon.
Old 09-17-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
I really debated posting about this, but in case anyone cares, iZotope updated their free turntable simulation "Vinyl" plugin yesterday (?) so AAX is now native for Apple Silicon.
I'm glad you did, because that is my only VST plug.

EDIT: Just tried it. Yes, it's AAX. But it only works in Rosetta. So, updated just in time to be useless! I guess that's as retro as you can get.

Dominic

Last edited by dominicperry; 09-17-2023 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
I'm glad you did, because that is my only VST plug.

EDIT: Just tried it. Yes, it's AAX. But it only works in Rosetta. So, updated just in time to be useless! I guess that's as retro as you can get.

Dominic
I also downloaded the 1.12.0 update and it opens Natively and operates perfectly. It is *not* Rosetta only.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I also downloaded the 1.12.0 update and it opens Natively and operates perfectly. It is *not* Rosetta only.
OK, the version I downloaded today was 1.11.0, so I've done something wrong. Not sure how though.....
EDIT: I needed to install the Izotope Product Portal to update it. The downloadable version on the website is still out of date. All working now, thanks!

Dominic

Last edited by dominicperry; 09-17-2023 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHelbsing View Post
No, nothing has changed since the last Plugin-Alliance-update some weeks ago. Ampeg B-15N on Carbon DSP-mode still crashes in mono. Very frustrating.
I can confirm that bug as well. For me the bigger problem with the PA Plug-ins with Avid Carbon is the slow switching from DSP to Native and back. Anything more then 5 PA plugins on DSP tracks in a session causes long delays (as long as 15-20min depending on how many plug-ins!!)when switching between DSP and Native. I filed a ticket with them about this last week but have yet to hear back from them yet. This problem was always there for their Plug-ins on Intel/rosetta builds too.