NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 05-24-2010, 03:49 PM

Default Re: recording with plug ins on the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Actually, that is not true.. and it is your hearing that needs scrutiny... BUT, Max, How can you take a Duke Ellington tune and have "by max" on it? ff
It's not "by Max" at least not all of it. There are two brief citations of Duke's tunes but the rest is original and is clear stated in the notes on the original record (just the my space don't allow for much info about the tunes and everything you post is "by max"

That tune is included in a compilation for the anniversary of Duke Ellington and the intention was to commemorate. The title is in fact "Duke's revelation"...

I'm happy that you appreciated it. And, by the way, the singer sung into autotune actually! with an extreme setting also. And she is intune (with or without autotune)...

But it was fun and may be that I'm a bit old... but not THAT old... ;-)

Just a little note: despite the fact that timbaland is using a lot, autotune is an OLD stuff. And now is Timbaland trade mark so we need to invent something else. And I have some ideas...

love and peace! (mmm, really old...)
Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6.0 - Monterey
MacBook M1Pro 10-16GB
Dangerous Music Summing - Focusrite Dante Rednet2 - Amek/Neve, Focusrite, TC Electronics, Mytek DA, Apogee ADDA
Old 05-24-2010, 04:07 PM

didnt realize timbiland was the one the one that made auto tune so popular??? thanks for clearing that up was a mystery to me... anyway i can tell she was singing into auto tune i just think she probably needed more takes like maybe a hundred more takes... im sure then, with ur vast engineering skills you could comp something together... cheers buddy
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 PM

well i tracked down a TDM studio in the area and ran some tests. my conclusion is the latency is far less with a TDM system but not suitable to run live auto tune. u could use delays and reverbs and probably a compressor but not auto tune. he had auto tune 4 i had to tell him to turn his playback engine down to 128 although that helped still a little to much delay. Im hoping a new HD system with auto tune 5 or evo will work... if not i will have some shattered dreams. anyone using auto tune live with an HD system?? i now know for sure it wont work on a tdm system...
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 AM

first off, this thread is a riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd513 View Post
well i tracked down a TDM studio in the area and ran some tests. my conclusion is the latency is far less with a TDM system but not suitable to run live auto tune. u could use delays and reverbs and probably a compressor but not auto tune. he had auto tune 4 i had to tell him to turn his playback engine down to 128 although that helped still a little to much delay. Im hoping a new HD system with auto tune 5 or evo will work... if not i will have some shattered dreams. anyone using auto tune live with an HD system?? i now know for sure it wont work on a tdm system...
Ive been working on a project all week on an HD 7.4.2 system. At a few points, I have needed for the singer to hear the Autotune live for effect. Using Autotune 5 TDM and recording with delay compensation on, there is NO noticeable latency.

you're welcome.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 AM

Cool Re: recording with plug ins on the track

Yes, I agree with you. And in the post complaining about the TDM latency was not specified if the AutoTune plugin was actually a TDM versio or a RTAS version. It would make a tremendous difference in latency since the RTAS even in a TDM environment IS a native plug in.

I just did a "forced" native session with my brand new MacBook Pro and latency was really a problem, even without effects. I had to switch to direct monitoring and that fact alone exclude the possibility to use a plugin in RT.

Regarding the discussion, sometimes It took a weird direction. But in my opinion it's always good, especially in that forum, to talk about things and sharing the know how. It's something that I've always appreciated from US engineers but rarely I've found the same openess elsewere. But I strongly prefere to share my knowledge. Tricks are important but what make the difference is the EAR and the ability to identify a potential problem and finding a "safe" way to fix the problem without doing too much damage to the rest.

So, Thank you for your comment.
MacBook M1Pro 10-16GB
Dangerous Music Summing - Focusrite Dante Rednet2 - Amek/Neve, Focusrite, TC Electronics, Mytek DA, Apogee ADDA
Old 09-23-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcarola View Post
I just did a "forced" native session with my brand new MacBook Pro and latency was really a problem, even without effects. I had to switch to direct monitoring and that fact alone exclude the possibility to use a plugin in RT.
What was your buffer setting?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 AM

64, but was too much for me I did'n even let the singer hear that...
You know I only work in TDM HD...
I could'n stand it.
And I could hear a "nice" flangin' fx
;-)
MacBook M1Pro 10-16GB
Old 11-11-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd513 View Post
albee were u dropped on ur head or r u retarded or both? u took all that time to answer my post line by line with ur answers in blue no less but ur to dumb to understand im not asking about LE systems or rtas plugins. i cant record with any plugins on any LE system 64 is to much buffer. i record with low latency monitoring. u cant do that with plug ins on the track in LE so u can take ur stupidness elsewhere thanks
Nerd- you're a world class jackass.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
Nerd- you're a world class jackass.
Couldn't hold it hunh

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)