Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Radikal SAC 2.2 Now in posession, but...

I got an excellent deal on it from GC ($679) in an open box, but it was missing the powersupply.

So I can't play with it yet. Calling Radikal tomorrow to see if they'll sell me one, if not it's going back to GC.

I figured it was a pretty good deal and worth the hassel of procuring a power supply. It's a really weird powersupply though. 10 volts and 2 amps. Radio Shack didn't have anything that came close.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Radikal? Are they pretty good service wise?

Anywho, looks like many people on the DUC have gotten it working with Protools, so hopefully it will work like a charm.

Anyone get it working via USB? Not sure if it will work that way with PTLE, but I guess I'll see.

Ostrich99
Old 05-12-2003, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Radikal SAC 2.2 Now in posession, but...

Just a quick update for anyone who's wondering. (Maybe no one is though)

I just called Radikal this morning. They were extremely helpful and sold me a powersupply and a couple of the other missing accessories for a reasonable price.

Gotta love it when a company has good customer service.

I was going to purchase the Mackie Control, but couldn't pass up the deal on the SAC 2.2.

Can't wait to fire it up.

Ostrich99
Old 05-12-2003, 09:00 AM

Well....you got one heck of a deal. Very nice!

Bastiaan
Old 05-12-2003, 03:36 PM

I love my SAC2K [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I got mine on ebay for $800. Turns out I was buying it from Radikal themselves [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I didn't know it 'til I spotted their address on the website, It was the same as where I sent my money.
And yes, they were a pleasure to deal with! I had to have a special USB cable to use it. Contacted them via email, and they shipped one out to me same day, no charge! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
You should have no problems with it. the install was a breeze, and interfaces quite nicely with ProTools.
You are gonna love it. I hate mixing with a mouse, and it is just wonderful having faders and knobs to tweak! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I hardly touch my touchpad anymore.
And yes, you got one heck of a deal!
I am now trying to find the monitor section that they are making to mate with it.
Mitch
Old 05-12-2003, 06:39 PM

The monitoring section and the 8 fader expansion section looks great. Although I'll find it hard to pay more for the expansion than I paid for my 2.2 itself.

One nice thing about the 2.2 is that it doesn't require the special USB cable, although they said they'd send me one out anyways.

It's nice when we find a company that excels in customer service.

Do you have yours hooked up via USB then? No MIDI cables required?

Ostrich99
Old 05-12-2003, 08:09 PM

Yeah, I'm hooked up via usb. It is cool that you can use it as a MIDI usb interface, if need be.
The older SAC2K needed the special cable for some reason. I just happened onto it looking over their website. My computer wasn't recognizing anything being plugged in! But all was well when they sent me the new cable. And there is no confusing it with my other usb cables. The thing is like 12 feet long [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
I can upgrade it to be a 2.2 if I want. I think it was like $135 and exchange my old motherboard. I really don't think I will need to do that though. I can't even remember what the enhancements were. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with MIDI, and I do very, very little MIDI work.
I really can't see myself getting the fader expansion. I mean, it's just too easy pushing a button and switching fader banks. Maybe if they cut the price in half!
But I really want that monitor section!
Mitch
Old 05-13-2003, 05:59 AM

I'm thinking of buying a Radikal SAC 2.2 How is the feel of the faders and the long term use of the product.How does it respond and work day to day.Any info or feedback would help!

Thanks
Phil Plaskon [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

www.tenkproductions.com