Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2018, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Bounce to disk offline error on 2018.4! take care, use online instead!

So I think the problem happens when you have native plugins on auxiliary sub masters. To make matters worse, freezing or committing the submaster will not work either if it has any sub masters feeding it with native plugins. For example, trying to commit a drums sub master that has multi mic snare and kick sub masters feeding into it with native plugs. This is a horrible bug. Printing stems just became a realtime nightmare.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Bounce to disk offline error on 2018.4! take care, use online instead!

I have a question for the folks having issues with offline bounce. What are you choosing as the path for your offline bounce. Internal Bus or Physical Output path of your interface?

For example. Are you selecting an internal Bus path feeding a record track? Or are you selecting an Output path that feeds your speakers?

I do offline bounces every day and I’ve never seen this problem. Still on 12.8.3 so maybe it’s not a bug with this version.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:15 PM

I just experienced this today. 2018.4 Ultimate, Late 2013 nMP, HDX3 in Sonnet chassis, modest stereo post session, 80-120 voices, mostly native plugs, RX6, Oxford EQ, lots of Altiverb7 & Phoenix Surround instances, some Waves, simple dialog, music and effects busses feeding a master aux. Longest plugin compensation showing was around 2800, if I recall correctly, but the Dly icon on the top of the edit window was showing red.

Had to get deliveries out quickly, so didn't have much time to troubleshoot. Reboot and Pref Trash fixed on-line bounce (2 beeps spot on after re-import) but off-line still late by .5-1 frame. Was using Physical Output A1-2 for bounce source. Will try to dig a little deeper into troubleshooting, but tomorrow is booked solid as well.
Sorry for the hastily constructed post, today has been a bit cuckoo.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:49 PM

I'm having the same problem. I submitted mixes for 6 shows and 3 came back with sync issues. I'm looking at the mix that I reimported and it doesn't line up to the proxy video audio that I was given.

Usually I can let things slide, but this is unbelievably bad. (pro tools bugs I mean, not the work problems.)

I just confirmed that 2018.3 has the same problems for me. Trying to find an installer for 12.8.4 to check out.

Last edited by J.D. Andrew; 04-30-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
I just experienced this today. 2018.4 Ultimate, Late 2013 nMP, HDX3 in Sonnet chassis, modest stereo post session, 80-120 voices, mostly native plugs, RX6, Oxford EQ, lots of Altiverb7 & Phoenix Surround instances, some Waves, simple dialog, music and effects busses feeding a master aux. Longest plugin compensation showing was around 2800, if I recall correctly, but the Dly icon on the top of the edit window was showing red.

Had to get deliveries out quickly, so didn't have much time to troubleshoot. Reboot and Pref Trash fixed on-line bounce (2 beeps spot on after re-import) but off-line still late by .5-1 frame. Was using Physical Output A1-2 for bounce source. Will try to dig a little deeper into troubleshooting, but tomorrow is booked solid as well.
Sorry for the hastily constructed post, today has been a bit cuckoo.

Don’t use physical outputs for an offline bounce
Old 05-01-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
why?

also is this HDX-only or native issue for those experiencing?
Old 05-01-2018, 03:57 AM

Hi!

I heard this has began in earlier versions, not only PT 2018.4. In which version the offline bounce works as it should!

Thank You!
Old 05-01-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Should I be using the Bus path that is mapped to the physical output?
Old 05-01-2018, 10:09 AM

I had issues with my audio not sounding proper when using off-line bounce - note, I don't do anything as intense as the rest of you. I checked my Bounce dialogue and the output was set to Physical. As soon as I changed it to Analog 1-2 all was well. Not sure if this is anyone's issue or not. I also noticed that almost every time I upgraded I had to double check my Bounce output.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-01-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Should I be using the Bus path that is mapped to the physical output?
You should be using a bus path that would be routed to your record track if you were going to print the mix in real time on an audio track.