Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Default Video Satellite LE

Any chance PT 9 with CPTK will work with Video Satellite LE or any of the Satellite options that were available with PTHD8?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Video Satellite LE

No, according to the chart, that's only in HD Native (and normal HD).

They had to leave some kind of incentive to go HD Native, now that all this is out!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:58 AM

But what about the the actual satellite systems.... ?? Right Now I run the main HD rig with the video running off a 2nd rig with a PT micro with Sat LE ...is that no longer going to work???
Old 11-05-2010, 01:17 PM

That's a good question, now that there's no more "LE". Hopefully Avid will jump in here.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Bump.

I'm waiting for this to be answered before I upgrade my LE system to PT9. Will VideoSatelliteLE work in PT9? Do I need the CPTK?
IMDB
Old 11-07-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
No, according to the chart, that's only in HD Native (and normal HD).

They had to leave some kind of incentive to go HD Native, now that all this is out!
What chart are you referring to? I have not been able to find much info on this subject. The only potential problem I have been able to find is the need for a SYNC HD/SYNC I/O which requires an HD card, but on PT9 under Peripherals there is a Satellite tab, but the check box is grayed out. Is that because I need a SYNC HD connected for the option?

In the PT9 press conference, in response to one of the questions, the statement was made indicating there is no difference between HD and the new Protools software other than hardware based features. Looks like this may not be the case after-all. Guess I'll keep saving my pennies :)
Old 11-07-2010, 03:36 AM

I too run a HD4 rig with a Sattelite LE (with mBox) for video. And I'm wondering the same..
Actually, I think I know the aswer... Just get the upgrade (if you want) for $249 to PT9, and this will also work as the Sattelite...?
Maybe I don't know the answer... Avid probably comes with a Sattelite 2. very soon.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Pro Tools HD 9.0 System Requirements
Pro Tools Software Options
Video Satellite LE (see details)
Quote:
Video Satellite LE is a powerful post-production option for Pro Tools HD 8 or higher, which uses a separate computer, connected via Ethernet, running Pro Tools LE 8 or Pro Tools 9 software for synchronized video playback.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:22 AM

Thank you for chiming in Avid.
Ok, it's clear now. PT9 (no i/o interface necessary) will run Video Sattelite LE.
That's good news!

The other side is my DV Toolkit 2 and Digitranslator I got for this rig to have timecode and to be able to open OMF / AAF are useless when upgrading...
Decisions, decisions...

BTW: I do fancy this PT9 release. I think a lot of music makers on previously on LE will benefit ADC a lot.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 AM

I may have misunderstood the original question. From what I can see, all the Satellite products still require an HD system to be the master. With Video Satellite LE, the slave system can be something other than HD, such as LE or PT9. Complete Toolkit was never a requirement for the second computer, even on PT8.

In the case of Satellite Link, I believe it still requires the 2nd system to be HD, and requires the Sync HD.

I thought maybe the original question was if Video Satellite LE could have even the master now be a non HD system, now that we're on PT9. It doesn't look to be the case, but it would be nice if Avid confirmed this.