Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 11:08 AM

Default PT 6.2 update for XP TDM 6.1 user???

i have been stuck in 5.3.3 land for ever because the 6.1 install on my PC system with pro control and edit pack would hang up, then freeze, the pro control would go offline and i would have to do a force-restart on the system. i saw a CS update:

"Pro Tools 6.2cs5 - for Pro Tools|HD on Windows XP with ProControl or AVoption|XL - February 2004"

and i found this by accident! so now there is a glimpse of hope that i may be able to finally use the features of pt 6. so where's this 6.2 update??? i've searched high and low over the entire digi site - found loads of glorious 6.2 CS fixer updates but no 6.2 full update! any leads?? i know, in theory 6.4 would be best, or even 6.7, but i want to take baby steps since my only sense of stability is 5.3.3 right now.

Ken P.

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 01-26-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: PT 6.2 update for XP TDM 6.1 user???

I don't know if it's downloadable or that you have to order it at an official digidesignsupplier.
I do know that in your case it would be wise to make an image of your current stable 5.3 system before upgrading (just a reminder)
Old 01-26-2005, 02:19 PM

very good point... i've been down this road before trying a few times to get 6.1 to run, but after several unsuccessful attempts (the only way to ever get it to work right was to disable the ethernet in the pc, but then i lose the ethernet connection of the pro control) i was able to remove the 6.1 version and reinstall 5.3.3 without any problems. if i do find this 6.2 however i will ghost my system drive as a safety. it may be my only option is to buy the upgrade to 6.4, but i don't want to spend the money for the upgrade to find out it doesn't fix the problem. i checked the digi store and that is the last upgrade they had listed to purchase.

my guess is 6.2 came with certain systems as a new install and was never release as an upgrade?

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 AM

just an update for anyone else who may have this problem, most likely i am the only one

i contacted digidesign via TSR and without question they sent me 6.2 for windows on disc. i just got it, did the install, did the cs5 update and so far it is working great! my pro control and edit pack are staying online for an hour straight now, which is AMAZING!! never had it up this long without going off line and PT locking up, at least with 6.1 anyways. i have to say i was blown away that digi sent me a disc so fast without hesitation, i would have never expected that without having to pay the piper. if this continues to work i probably will work up to the 6.4 upgrade next, i am still taking baby steps though... : )