How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2008, 02:44 AM

Default Velvet \"Content not Found\" on OS X

Hi!

I'm having problems with Velvet, it keeps telling me that "Content not found" - I suspect is related with previously moving my Home folder to another partition:
  • iMac (late 2007) 24" 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running Leopard (10.5.4)
  • Pro Tools v 7.4.2 (not the Prerelease)
  • Velvet 1.0.1 (Installed the original one, then installed the Leopard update)
  • Ran the "Set content location" script like mad... yet it still doesn't work.

The hard disk partition scheme:
  • System Partition "A" (Where Mac OS X "/System" is installed, along with "/Applications" and "/Libraries")
  • Documents Partition "B" (to where I moved my Home folder, and some Audio Samples Libraries)

When I installed Velvet + the update, the Velvet data lib was installed on the default location - that would be on "(partition A)/Applications/Digidesign/Velvet". Didn't work. Then I ran the "Set Content Location" script - didn't work. Then I moved the folder to "(Partition B)/Audio/Libraries/Digidesign AIR/Velvet" and ran the Set Location script and it still doesn't work.

At this point I stopped trying and started to weep :P

The OS X Console doesn't give me that much info whenever it fails to load content... unless I'm overlooking something.

Any ideas on how to fix this??? (or where to look at???)
Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Velvet \"Content not Found\" on OS X

This version of Velvet wont work with 7.4.2. You are going to have t wait until mid-July according to Digidesign for the version that does. I found this out the hard way too!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Velvet \"Content not Found\" on OS X

Oh my! Now is a good time to start crying...

So that's why it doesn't work then? Where could I stay tuned for the update status???
Old 07-28-2008, 05:59 PM

Default Updated Velvet for Leopard... the problem is still there

OK I waited for the Leopard update for Velvet.
I've just installed it... and I still the same problem.

Help!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceZero View Post
I suspect is related with previously moving my Home folder to another partition:
That is quite possibly the cause. Moving the home folder effectively moves all of the user preferences away from their default location, including the Velvet preference the "Set Content Location" is trying to update with the new content location.

If you are able to return your home folder to it's original location and re-run the "Set Content Location" from where you have your "Velvet Data.big" file it should be able to set the preferred location for the Velvet Data.