Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2023, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Perpetual Upgrade-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Your products page, down at the bottom. Avid download center.
Mmmm, not sure that's it. The email says it's in my "Products Not Downloaded Yet" and even gives me a button to go directly there. Nada. Just an old PT 8 download link.

I guess you mean to download PT Studio, which is in the Main Downloads page? Not sure how that would get me my Perpetual license, especially as the header on that page warns you to only download those products for which you are licensed. I already have Studio on my MacBook.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward, they didn't mean to include folks who got it included with MBox purchase. I'll confirm with Customer Service, since they have not replied here.

thanks for the suggestion, though!
internal 4T SSD
Pro Tools 2023.9
MBox Studio
Old 12-10-2023, 10:11 AM

my.avid.com - login - on the grey box that says My Products, do not click the tempting purple View My Products link but go down (or use browser sear h function) and find the Avid Download Center link right there.

Beats me why it is not first link in my.avid.com written in big and bold letters.
Old 12-11-2023, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
my.avid.com - login - on the grey box that says My Products, do not click the tempting purple View My Products link but go down (or use browser sear h function) and find the Avid Download Center link right there.

Beats me why it is not first link in my.avid.com written in big and bold letters.
What's terrible about Avid site, some glitch.

When you are hovering, or trying to get somewhere with your pointer it quickly takes you to a nearby tab page you are trying to pass by. Really frustrating.

No my mouse either.

Last edited by basslik; 12-11-2023 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2023, 06:53 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBseva View Post
I have PT Studio 2023.9. I recently received the email informing me that I now had a Pro Tools Studio Perpetual license - cool! - and that I had only to go download it from my products page and “go create with wild abandon!”. There was even a link to where it would be…

Except it’s not there.

I am wondering if they did not mean to include people who got PT Studio with purchase of MBox Studio….?
Hi MBseva,

This has something to do with your Mbox Studio. Upon checking, you registered your Mbox last March 2023, but the promo coverage are for those who register their Mbox Studio from November 7, 2023 until January 31, 2024. We apologize about the inconvenience, but there was an error on our end which cause other Mbox Studio users to receive the eligibility email.

Again we sincerely apologize.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 12-27-2023, 12:45 AM

Hi All;

I have Pro Tools 10. I have never had any subscription nor support plan with it. I’d like to upgrade to Studio perpetual..

I’m getting conflicting information. I’ve found two products, one is the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Upgrade (PN 9938-30003-00), which some vendors advertise as all I would need, but other vendors state this is for users with an active support plan or one that’s about to expire, but NOT for PT10 users with expired support or no plan at all. They point instead to another, more expensive product called Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Licence/Reinstatement (PN 9938-30005-00).

From the document you liked to, this more expensive option (30005) is no longer required, and the 30003 will bring me up to date and grant me a perpetual license of the current version, as well as one year of upgrades/updates.

So, short question, which one do I really need?

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:44 AM
Avid

Hi Moff,

You won't be needing reinstatement anymore. You can purchase a Pro Tools Perpetual Upgrade and DM me so we can have you upgrade your license.

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...ense-FAQs-2023
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 12-27-2023, 09:00 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Hi All;

I have Pro Tools 10. I have never had any subscription nor support plan with it. I’d like to upgrade to Studio perpetual..

I’m getting conflicting information. I’ve found two products, one is the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Upgrade (PN 9938-30003-00), which some vendors advertise as all I would need, but other vendors state this is for users with an active support plan or one that’s about to expire, but NOT for PT10 users with expired support or no plan at all. They point instead to another, more expensive product called Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Licence/Reinstatement (PN 9938-30005-00).

From the document you liked to, this more expensive option (30005) is no longer required, and the 30003 will bring me up to date and grant me a perpetual license of the current version, as well as one year of upgrades/updates.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Hi All;

Thanks.
As Charles indicated, you need the Pro Tools Perpetual Upgrade. To simplify keeping perpetual license customers current, Pro Tools Perpetual Updates + Support Plan Renewals and Pro Tools Perpetual Updates + Support Plan Upgrade (Get Current) are being consolidated into Pro Tools Perpetual Upgrades.

There is no longer a separate, higher priced upgrades for customers who have dropped off their Updates + Support plans. :)

DM Charles if you need to.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 01-22-2024, 02:35 PM

WHY did Avid remove the renewal function on the Avid site?

Just a month ago there was a pull down selection to renew and now Avid removed!!! WHY!!

I HAVE 15 DAYS REMAINING!

Last edited by corp; 01-22-2024 at 05:19 PM. Reason: extra mention
Old 01-23-2024, 05:25 AM
Avid

Hi Corp,

Upon checking, this is a currently known issue under WS-3069 and I've already made a follow up on your case 04745645 as well. We apologize about the inconvenience.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:27 PM

Thanks.............site fixed.