Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2016, 02:58 PM

Arrow Re: The ACA will now have a vote in the direction of Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassie12 View Post
I just got the official email. Two rounds of voting, results announced in March? What a joke. Just fix the damn software already. I'll be voting with my wallet if I have to wait til March to see if Avid is going to address three years old bugs.
If enough people open support cases with Avid about the same bug(s), they get moved up in the development queue and eventually fixed. I know this from personal experience. There was a GUI bug in v11.3.1 that was not fixed until v12.3.1. When I asked "What took so long?", the essence of the response was "Enough people complained about it."
Old 12-06-2016, 03:00 PM

Post Re: The ACA will now have a vote in the direction of Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
If there's a need for a vote why can't we just vote right here?
Do you really think someone is going to read through dozens of posts and count all of the +1's (ballots)? Like any poll, the results need to be clear, concise, and in a place with minimum page scrolling, flipping, etc.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:12 PM

Default Re: The ACA will now have a vote in the direction of Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
Do you really think someone is going to read through dozens of posts and count all of the +1's (ballots)? Like any poll, the results need to be clear, concise, and in a place with minimum page scrolling, flipping, etc.
Not like that of course but isn't a good idea to bring the poll where the people have already been debating?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:23 AM

Arrow Re: The ACA will now have a vote in the direction of Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Not like that of course but isn't a good idea to bring the poll where the people have already been debating?
Yes, I would say it is a good idea. I am not the super-mod of this forum. I do not know whether or not this forum software allows for polling. Even if it did, I would say that Avid is too deep into IdeaScale to back out of that site now. Yes, I know some people do not like it. Yes, I know that some people think it is a black hole. Yes, I know that some of the top feature requests have not been implemented.

Avid had to start somewhere. They do have to consider where they are when they decide where they are going. As much as some users may not like another poll, and on another site, this is an opportunity to cast a vote and have your voice heard. As with any election, if you do not vote, you should give up the right to complain about the outcome.

I am not trying to be an apologist for Avid. I am a realist. We have an opportunity to effectively tell Avid what to do with Pro Tools. Let's not squander it.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:31 AM

Has anyone done the voting yet? Can anyone tell us what we are voting on? Is it just membership for the ACA board? Or are there real, actual issues to be voted on?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 12-07-2016, 11:23 AM

There are specific ballots based on what your sector in the industry / usage of the products are. As a composer I was given the opportunity to rank priority for new features in PT and Sibelius. There are 15 in the list for PT... as well as the opportunity to write something in. a lot is missing and you don't have to rank everything. I picked the 4 or 5 that were most important to me and ranked those.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:13 PM

This thread is like a microcosm of the election. Instead of scoffing, go vote. I see a number of suggestions on the ballot that look familiar: folder tracks, multiple sessions open at the same time, enhanced MIDI tools, etc.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:06 PM

Although I am no longer a full time user of PT, I can see an opportunity for Avid to actually filter through and prioritize user's opinions and requests;

Hire a couple of young bright un biased interns ( paid, of course ) to filter though Idea Scale and this ACA results to prepare a real world user feedback.
Cut out the crap and present that to who ever might be still involved in development at that time

For Avid to compute all incoming data by database analysis only is yet another failed step.

Just my opinion...
My upgrade plan expires tomorrow..

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 12-07-2016, 04:06 PM

I filled out a ballot. Seems like a hodge-podge of ideas not a whole lot of substance for me. I don't care about the cloud, or VR or Venue integration or sub$1k interfaces or integration with UAD etc. Waste of time IMO. Avid lost the plot quite some time ago.
Deck chairs on the Titanic...
Old 12-07-2016, 04:08 PM

I voted this afternoon. It wasn't easy to read because of the amount of terminology involved (too much for me anyway). You can't separate film score composers from music composers (there's music producer tho) so in my case there were a lot of questions about video but those can be marked N/A.
I suggest to read and dismiss the unrelated options before attempting to assign the #

Voted to integrate Melodyne BTW