Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 09:45 AM

Default Trouble connecting to duc from France

Hey digi what is happening here ?

This is the second time in two month that I cannot get through to the duc website from France. (all other US based web sites I visit are notheless perfectly accessible)

First time it happened was just when the leaks on the new HD system came out. I had a hard time believing at the time that it was coincidence.

Now it is happening again and I am at loss understanding why. (I hate to think it has anything to do with the "are the doors closing..." controversy)

I had to use a weird workaround to be able to post this message, but at least it shows that there is nothing wrong with my computer or the duc server ?

Anyone with same problems ?

Mark Haliday
march/1/2001 7pm french time
Old 03-08-2002, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Trouble connecting to duc from France

It may depend on your web browser.
Yesterday I tried to login with Netscape.: impossible.

With Internet Explorer no problem.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Trouble connecting to duc from France

I've had the same problems from Sweden. One and a half week ago it was almost impossible to reach the DUC and it lasted a couple of days.

It could be a bad gateway or router somewhere or Digi were doing maintenance. They probably have the DUC on a own server which explains why it was possible to enter the rest of the site.

It didn't have anything to do with the browser since I tried a couple of different ones with the same results.

-Robert