Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 refuses to open my sessions!

I'm sitting here after a full day of setting up Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and Pro Tools 9.0.1 and I try to open a session so I can finish all my recalls for an album and I get a cryptic pro tools message!

"Could not complete the Open Session...command because Assertion in
"..\StudioMgr\SMgr_DelayMgr.cpp", line 3480.

What in the hell? I need to get these recalls done as this record is supposed to be heading to the ME next week! HELP!

Also, when I try to make all my outputs ASIO HD audio speakers 1-2 I get a high pitched whine... Is there a particular way I need to configure ASIO for all and pro tools?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 refuses to open my sessions!

"I need to get these recalls done as this record is supposed to be heading to the ME next week! HELP!" Well, maybe its too late for this advice but.....NEVER update/change a system when you have unfinished projects!!!!!!!!!! At the very least, I would have installed PT9 on a new drive so you could install the old drive and go back to work. Now that I am done chastising you(sorry, the rant is really for others that haven't yet made this mistake). Was PT9 working before the 9.0.1 update? What is the interface? How about a Sandra report on the PC? Read this: Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! Did you have a backup image or clone of your previously working setup/system drive(Acronis True Image might be the best $40 I ever spent). Was there an earlier version of PT installed on this system? Did you trash prefs and database files(always worth a try for any odd behavior). Have you tried holding the SHIFT key down while opening a session? That will disable all plugins, so if the session opens, then you know you have a bad plugin.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave