Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2010, 02:46 PM

Default Pro tools 8 and CM Labs motormix2 problem!!

Hey,

I recently bought a CM labs motormix 2 which I intended to use with Protools 8 and the Mbox 2 mini sound card.The motormix is connected to my Macbook thru the midi ports on my M-audio Axiom 25, which is connected to the Macbook via usb.
I went to the CM Labs homepage and here is what I found:
To use the MotorMate/MotorMix with Pro Tools, you will first need to connect the MotorMate/MotorMix to your MIDI interface, and configure OMS (Macintosh only) and Pro Tools.

To configure OMS (Macintosh only) for the MotorMate/MotorMix:
Launch OMS Setup.
Add the CM Labs MotorMate or MotorMix as a new device.
Define zMotorMate/MotorMix as a controller on MIDI channel 1. If you are using multiple units, each unit must have a unique name (for example, MotorMix 1, MotorMix 2, and so on).
Save your Studio Setup and Quit OMS Setup.

The problem is I have a Macbook 4,1 intel Core 2 Duo running Mac OSX 10.5.8 which means it cant run in classic mode which is required to run the OMS setup. It works only in versions before Mac OSX .

I can set the motormix as the controller in the peripherals dialog in Protools but the communication only works one way. If I move a fader on the unit, it moves also in the pro tools mixer but not the other way around.Some of the function keys work as a charm but some dont. I understand this is because I cant setup the OMS application which is some kind of driver for the unit I guess.

I found out that I would have to run a virtual machine with a program named sheepshaver, which would run an older version of MAC OS that supports classic mode and thus be able to set up the OMS.

Is there any other way, than the one above, to have the unit working properly on my setup?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 8 and CM Labs motormix2 problem!!

Okay,

so I tried it also on a windows xp system and same thing. It sends data to protools but doesnt recieve anything. Am I missing something here?

I would really appreciate some help on this issue...Please help...

cheers,
Ludwig