Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2008, 12:29 PM

Default music prod toolkit can't find ilok

hi all, new member here, but long time browser. anyway, i got this problem, 3 days back, i switch on my laptop a dell inspiron, and fired up pro tools. but i got this message "this version of music production toolkit requires authorization to run, but no ilok can be found". i have my ilok in the usual usb port that i've been using for the last 5 months. strange thing is, windows recognizes the ilok, but pro tools can't. it's even in the hardware configuration as dongle, and ofcourse in the safely remove items in the toolbar. so i installed music prod. again, still the same. installed pro tools 7.4, and music prod., still same. installed windows xp sp2, pro tools, music prod, still same. bugs me a lot. i hope somebody might help me. thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 12:34 PM

Default Re: music prod toolkit can't find ilok

update the drivers?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Avid

As ejwells said - download and install the latest drivers from http://www.paceap.com/
Old 12-12-2008, 02:51 AM

hi guys, thanks for the quick reply. i tried the new drivers already. and still the same. i tried synchronizing my ilok, but can't. i was thinking it's my windows, but i did a fresh install and still can't sync. prior to the fresh install of windows, i did not install anything for the past month or so. and had my automatic windows update off. i'm thinking it's my ilok. i'm gonna visit a friend today and use his computer to connect to ilok.om and try to sync my ilok. wish me "lok".
Old 12-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Avid

In the Device Manager, is the iLok showing up properly? If not, you may need to uninstall the PACE and iLOk drivers from Add/Remove programs, then right-click in the Device Manager on the iLOk and uninstall it there, restart and reinstall the PACE drivers.

Testing on your friends system first is a good idea - that will help identify if the problem is with the iLok or your computer.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 AM

hi again. i'm beginning to love this forum. digi tech support at your fingertips. ok, i checked my ilok in my friends pc and i can't sync. i read the rma process and i think that's the way to go. my ilok's light is on but not synchronizing, it's elligible for an rma. and also, i check in my hadware profile, it's listed in dongle. i tried uninstalling from there, uninstalling from add/remove programs, and reinstalling. still music prod can't see it, and still can't sync. anymore bright ideas before i start the rma process.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 PM

I'll post this as a sort of reinforcment of your issues. I bought an ilok recently for my Vista PT LE 7.4 rig that I've recently configured. I also installed MPTK on this machine but I could not get the ilok I bought for this config to work with the ilok website...it couldn't be recognized.
Now I'm fortunate enough to also have a MAC/PT HD desktop so I inserted the ilok in the MAC hub, logged on to ilok and synced/downloaded without problems. That ilok with MPTK now works fine on the my Vista/PT LE rig. This, along with your experience leads me to think there's an issue with the ilok/Pace Vista driver package. ilok/Pace has atrocious customer service... I've sent emails to them that fall into the great internet black-hole, but short of trying my Mac "work-around" you may have to try to reach them about this apparent Vista issue. I'd like to see it fixed as well.

Wilson Dyer mpse