How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2006, 08:48 AM

Default delivery interrupted overnight

Well, I thought I'd tested everything thoroughly, and last night before I went to bed, I saw a lot of internet activity going to the Serv|LT, so I figured that my first bona fide delivery would be waiting for me in the morning, but instead I got this in my email from my client:

Quote:
At some point last night the connection failed and I haven't been able to sign back on to digidelivery this morning.
The thing that frustrated me, and I gather I'm not the only DigiDelivery user to feel this frustration, is that I couldn't find any record of the delivery even being attempted from the admin pages, which makes it very difficult to get to the bottom of what happened.

This morning I logged in to the client's account and sent myself a test delivery, which worked fine. The client, understandably, is delivering via another route rather than go take her chances with DigiDelivery.

I don't think that anything was wrong with my internet connection, although I can't be sure because the problem happened after I'd turned off everything else that's connected to the internet (no, I didn't turn off the DSL modem or the Serv|LT, and there's no router in the chain that I might have turned off).

It could have been something with her internet connection, although when she couldn't log back in to DigiDelivery this morning, she could access the internet just fine.

I thought the problem might have been that I gave her http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx as the address instead of https://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/, although in my test delivery this morning, I used the "wrong" address and her login, and it worked fine. Granted the test was 30MB and the delivery she attempted is 2-3GB, and the problem didn't seem to occur in the first 30MB.

Anyone have theories on what happened and how I can avoid this happening to my clients in the future? It kind of defeats the purpose if my clients don't trust DigiDelivery. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.