Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 07:53 PM

Default will I lose floppy authorizations if I do clean reinstall of OS 9.2.2?

What authorizations or other set up information will I lose if I do a clean install of OS 9.2.1 followed by the upgrade to 9.2.2? Am I asking for trouble or will this go smoothly?

-John
Old 07-31-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Re: will I lose floppy authorizations if I do clean reinstall of OS 9.2.2?

De-authorize all your plug-ins before making any major changes.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:20 PM

Default Re: will I lose floppy authorizations if I do clean reinstall of OS 9.2.2?

Hey wait a minute. In the Plug-ins guide page 4 it says I should deauthorize if I'm doing a low level format or if I'm going to another harddisk. There is no mention of deauthorizing for OS changes.

-John
Old 07-31-2003, 08:24 PM

From 9.2.1 to 9.2.2, you won't loose anything, no need to worry, it's OK - God is in the rock!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:50 PM

Do you want to play it safe or take a chance??? It takes only 1 minute to deauthorize a plugin!!!

What if your drive crashes during the update???

You wouldnt have asked if you werent positive about Digidesigns statement!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DIAFXMX:
Do you want to play it safe or take a chance??? It takes only 1 minute to deauthorize a plugin!!!

What if your drive crashes during the update???

You wouldnt have asked if you werent positive about Digidesigns statement!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i agree. if the hard drive crashes(and it could), you're screwed.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:54 AM

Also, if you're running OS X on the same drive (even a different partition), doing an update to OS X can trash your floppy authorizations.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Ray