Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2023, 11:54 AM

Default Software for old M-audio Oxygen 25 (3rd gen)

Hi!
I bought an old M-audio Oxygen 25 (3rd gen) at a thrift shop. Now I need help to make it work. All I want is to download any program that let me record from the keys. I contacted the M-audio support and they say the product belongs to AVID, and after contact with AVID they say the product belongs to a third part.. They directed me here for further help.

Can anyone help me figure out what software (and where I can find it) I should download so I can get started with my M-audio Oxygen 25 (3rd gen). Please! Thanks A LOT!!

Old 10-24-2023, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Software for old M-audio Oxygen 25 (3rd gen)

These controllers should work without drivers, so you can use/purchase any virtual instrument or similar software you want. e.g. Abelton Live or any other DAW. Pro Tools Intro is one option, and is free, limited feature set but a good place to start if you want to learn about DAWs. https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/intro Make sure your computer is compatible, and especially if you are on Windows save all the pain and make sure you have an ASIO audio interface you can dedicate to Pro Tools use).

Whatever software and license to use that which was originally sold with this controller is long gone, ancient and likely not compatible with your current computer.

Personally I would run away from anything M-Audio. It is the pretty much garbage brand left over from when Avid confusingly thought they should chase the low-end of the market and did nothing more than harm their brand and lose money against low-priced competitors with better products.
Old 10-24-2023, 01:13 PM

Are you looking for a sequencer / DAW? There is no special M-Audio software to record MIDI.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:27 PM

The unanswered question; what computer? With a Mac, I agree that no driver should be needed, it should just work. With Windows, things get a bit tougher(especially depending on which OS). If you are on a PC, I would try a google search for "M-Audio Oxygen Windows driver"(without the quotes) as that might lead you to a download. While I can't speak for Mac setup, one often overlooked thing with Windows is doing the proper device setup, which happens(in Pro Tools) by going to Setup>Midi>Midi Studio. Here is where you create an "instrument" and set the INPUT PATH, which in this case would probably look something like M-Audio Oxygen on USB[Emulated] In any case, if there is nothing on the INPUT PATH menu that resembles this, then you probably need a different driver

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-29-2023, 06:45 AM

Thank you guys, you are awesome.

I have a PC Windows 11. Don't know much about what a sequencer / DAW is.... I am really a beginner and just wanted a program that lets me record and play with the keys so I can create some simpel music. I believe I need a program so I can here what I'm playing at the keys because if I just connect the keys to my computer - nothing happens obviously. Do you guys know any other program that is free?

I tried to find the download for Pro tools intro but it didnt seem to work.. I also tried to google but I only end up with update downloads and nothing that work directly as a record program. Talk to me like I no nothing and i might understand :)

Last edited by Ebbak; 10-29-2023 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:49 AM

Well, my search show that there are no drivers for the old beast and Windows 11. I would donate it back to the thrift shop and get something else(and not from M-Audio due to their spotty drivers).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-30-2023, 06:57 AM

Check https://m-audio.com/support/drivers-search, specifically the Legacy section (I'm not sure if the Oxygen 25 (blue) is the one you have or not), but as previously mentioned these appear to be class compliant and shouldn't need drivers.

From what I remember, Avid only kept the Fast Track interfaces when they sold M-Audio to InMusic, so all the other products would still be up to M-Audio to support.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM