How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2022, 07:45 PM

Default PACE QT Platform plugin error when launching Pro Tools

When Launching Pro Tools, there is an error from PACE (PACEEdenExperienceProxy):

This Application has failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "",

The PACE service is running. iLok itself runs and logs in. I've uninstalled everything since the issue started occurring, though I cannot map it to any system change. I've uninstalled and reinstalled PACE/iLok (latest).. I've completely uninstalled Pro Tools and reinstalled it (latest). I've removed any environment variables containing the QT5 dlls. I've read about Slate interfering. That's gone now as well. I'm not going to roll back my machine over this.

This issue is encountered on other software packages but here with PACE, it's relentless. Anything I can search for on this issue, whether related to this software or others, does not work. Opening a ticket with them as well.

Pro Tools Shortcuts App for iOS and Android

Last edited by Xensori; 10-02-2022 at 06:55 AM.