Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 AM

Default Individual Battery 3 cells-->separate PT 8 LE tracks.

Individual Battery 3 cells ---> separate Protools 8 LE tracks. That is the objective.

Lets start out simple:

I have setup the Aux track with Battery 3 as an insert.

In Battery, I load any kit, such as "01 - Acoustic Kits - Basic Kit.kt3".

With no other changes to PT8 or Bat3, my MIDI controller (Axiom 49) triggers the various cells.

So far I'm still getting it.

Continuing, I set up a few instrument tracks (one each for the kick, snare, and HH) ...

But that is where I get stuck.

On the 3 instrument tracks, for the MIDI-In setting, those are set to the Axiom (only choice available).

But for the MIDI-Out setting in the instrument tracks, it can be directed to Battery 3, channels 1 through channel 16. So I used channel 1 for the kick, 2 for the snare and 3 for the HH.

Then I could record a MIDI-data region to the Kick track by hitting the appropriate key on the keyboard (C1), first, with the kick cell in Bat3 set to omni, then with it set to MIDI 1, and it worked both ways. It also records any other keys I hit (which are all set to OMNI).

But when I try to record like that to the snare or HH track,, which are set to first OMNI, and then MIDI 2 and MIDI 3, respectively, it works in OMNI, but does nothing under MIDI 2 and MIDI 3. ( I think it is because the Axiom is transmitting on MIDI 1)

I hope that was clear.

I think I'll stop right here, and wait for some expert/genius/highly exalted guru to tell me which step along the way I dun wrong.

I want to figure this out and make it work right everytime. NI's documentation is too general to describe specific PT setup, and Digi's is too general to include Battery.

I have searched various different forums looking for some specific step by step directions, but nothing is specific enough, or else the threads wander off on tangents.

Thanks in advance for any help

Doc K