Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2022, 03:51 PM

Default -9013 Can't get rid of it!

Not sure what I've done exactly to cause this on almost every session now.

It also happens when changing H/W Buffer Size.

List of stupid sh*t I've done lately:

1) Recently (2022.5 and after) I switched from two USB drives to TB 4 ones (for the speed boost) and started working on my sessions without changing my Disc Allocation Root Media Folder locations right away... I always thought that Pro Tools automatically detects the new drive's Root Media Folder location of every song.

2) I have sessions that I've started like 10 years ago and still work on them currently with no completion date in sight... Anyway, there are Audio files that don't exist anymore in my Audio Files folder but these deleted Audio files from the past still show up in Disc Allocation, certainly causing problems. Are these the files that Pro Tools cannot find therefore giving me a -9013 error? This error supposedly stands for missing/inaccessible files after all so might it actually be a legitimate error? And how do I get rid of ancient deleted Audio Files from showing in Disc Allocation?

3) Also, I've always picked AIFF as my sessions' Audio Format and recently changed it mid-session to WAV in a few songs to see what happens. Probably not wise to do this mid-session but could it be related to the -9013 error also?

Forum Gurus please chime in.
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 11-16-2022, 08:48 PM

Default Re: -9013 Can't get rid of it!

I've read that others experience this -9013 error and we are all most likely doing the same thing wrong to get it - firstly ignoring Disc Allocation rules...

Anybody else get this error and what have you done wrong to get it you think? Let us know, so more PT users can avoid the same mistakes.

I know it is User Error, so please do not throw tomatoes at me yet hehe, however the actual weird thing about all this is why would you also get a -9013 when changing H/W Buffer Size? What does that have to do with Disc Allocation discrepancies?
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 11-17-2022, 01:34 AM

Default Re: -9013 Can't get rid of it!

What exact drives and file systems are you working on?

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...oting/AAE-9013

... assuming that KB article is on the right path and it's a file issue... Other users here are not looking at your workspace/able to look at every file or drill into your concerns about allocation. I'm not following what exactly you are worried about or why. But everything is in front of you and if you think assets are missing or inaccessible for some reason you should fix it. just work though cleaning stuff up. Deleting any reference to audio files that were removed, or finding them and relinking. Is all the content neatly in the session folders for each song? If not plan on fixing that soon, starting with a Save Session In and then clean up any other mess remaining.

Or if you have backups consider going back to them? or back to the slower SATA drives? (do they still have the old content on them?). Make sure you have backups with copies kept save while you do any messing around.

Or maybe it's not a file issue at all. So the other thing is you just plod through standard troubleshooting. Trashing prefs, testing by removing all .aaxplugin files (and leaving removed as you do other tests), testing from a newly created admin account, testing using built-in output (or whatever it's called) as the playback engine. Testing from creating a new session (in case you have corrupted sessions). It's worth not overthinking it and just run that standard troubleshooting process when stuck.