Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2002, 09:37 AM

Default Have U been ripped off?

Hi,

I'm trying to rip some mp3 files into Protools, but seems like I've been ripped off instead.

I just bought and downloaded MP3 Option for 5.1 LE (MAC).

So I tried to Bounce a file to mp3, it works fine.

But in the Import Audio window, when I try to import the same file back into PT LE, I get the error "(MpSsc) warning: Decoder - sync eof" (end of file???!!!)

Then in the same Import Audio window, there is a "play" option, so I click play on the file, and I get the error

" Could not complete the Play command because: (Mp3Ssc) warning : Decoder - sync eof"

When I try to play some mp3 files that I downloaded , it could be played back, but when I try to import them, I get the same eof error!!

What's wrong?? Before, I wanted to test it out before I really buy, so I borrowed he MP3 IMPORT /EXPORT for 5.0 from a friend, but its the wrong version, because I am running 5.1.1 LE. So I decided to buy the MP3 OPTION and after following the instructions, ie. place the MP3.dll into the Codec/MP3 folder, its still not working.

Is it because I bought the 5.1 version but I am running 5.1.1 LE ?? What will happen when I upgrade to 5.2.1 next time? or 5.3.1 when it comes out? Do I have to buy it again??

Thanks!!

Regards,
[Charles]
:: www.tworooms.com
Old 06-28-2002, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Have U been ripped off?

Quote:
Is it because I bought the 5.1 version but I am running 5.1.1 LE ?? What will happen when I upgrade to 5.2.1 next time? or 5.3.1 when it comes out? Do I have to buy it again??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You need to download the correct update of MP3 Option for Pro Tools LE 5.1.1 from the Support/Downloads/MP3 section:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/mp3.html
Once installed, when you update the Pro Tools application with the PT installer it will also automatically update the paid version of MP3 Option with the newer version.

Because there are so many different versions of MP3 Option, we were waiting for the latest versions for 5.3.1 before changing the way it is purchased from the DigiStore. In the next couple of weeks we'll change the structure so that purchasers will be pointed to the correct download of MP3 Option to match each version of Pro Tools at the time of purchase, which should be much less confusing. Sorry about the current hassle, but the fix is quick and easy if you download the update.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:03 PM

thnx!!

I'm actually in the middle of a job and I needed the MP3 option real quick. Hope it works now.

Regards,
[Charles]
:: www.tworooms.com
Old 06-28-2002, 08:47 PM

On a side note to this..
I bought the PC version of this but will be going with an Mbox system soon... Will I have to buy a new mac copy?\
Old 06-28-2002, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Same as most plug-ins. The license allows you to use one purchased copy of MP3 Option on one system at any one time. As long as you are the only one using your copy of MP3 Option, then you can use it on either machine, just not at the same time.

That sounds a little complicated, so to put it another way, if your assistant is using your original copy on one machine at the same time as you want to use MP3 Option on your Mbox, then yes, you would need to buy another copy of MP3 Option or you would be in violation of the license agreement. Otherwise, no problem, you own a license for MP3 Option.

If you sell your other system, you are required to remove MP3 Option from that machine, since the license is not transferrable.