Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Pro Tools Update 9.0.5 Help! Midi Killed

I updated to Pro Tools 9.0.5 yesterday. I am running OSX 10.6.8. Midi is not working correctly. I have a Yamaha Controller hooked by USB to the Mac. If I make an instrument track with the plug in and play the keyboard I see nothing (usually there's an indicator of midi activity). When I record on the track notes appear but the plug in does not react i.e. no sound. On playback the midi notes I just recorded play on the plug in.

I have trashed the prefs, downloaded the latest midi driver from Avid, tried removing plug ins (I did update a few that were causing other troubles namely Flux and Isotope). The Audio-Midi driver shows the correct midi setup including my interfaces. Please help! I need midi to work.