Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 04:00 AM

Default vertical scrolling of edit window

Vertical scrolling of the edit window has Always been annoying when editing automation. If I'm moving an automation point, I'm obviously already grabbing the track I want, so when I push the mouse up or down (which sometimes I can't even see) the window shoots off scrolling up or down.

I just noticed in ProTools 6.4 that when you control-command-click on a control to change the edit view to that automation parameter (the pan control for instance), then that track scrolls to the very top of the window! This is TOTALLY unnecessary if the selected channel is already visible. I appreciate the thought of scrolling the window if the channel isn't visible, but to my way of thinking, the centre of the edit window would be a more intuitive place to scroll to.

So I'm really asking for two things to be fixed:
1. change scrolling behaviour on control-command-click to centre the channel only if it was currently off the screen.
2. temporarily disable vertical scrolling of the window whilst editing automation.

Can this be addressed please?
Does anyone else get annoyed by this?

Matt