Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2024, 05:42 PM

Default Import Session Data Bugs - 2023.12.1

2 new bugs I've uncovered from working in 2023.12 using "Import Session Data". Still present in the .1 hotfix . Have noticed this on several different computer systems I've worked on.

1. I used to be able to click and drag on the tracks list to select / unselect a number of tracks to be imported. I can still do this, but I'd say about 60% of the time what happens is that everything previously selected displays as unselected when my mouse click is in the down state. This doesn't actually deselect anything, because those tracks show as selected again after lifting my mouse back up. This simply makes it difficult to work in that window because I can't tell what's selected for import while clicking and dragging my mouse.

2. 2nd, and probably more critical bug, is something I've discovered when doing a source/destination import from one track to another. Any time I import from and to a track with a mapped physical output assigned on both the source and destination, this seems to create a double-mapping in the I/o window. It literally maps to that output twice, causing increased volume coming from that output. In the mix window, you'll see the little "+" icon showing it's double mapped. This can really throw you off if you don't notice it right away. The workaround is to go into the io window after an import, and fix the double mappings. The weirdest thing about this one is that I don't actually need to be importing output assignments. I just experienced this on a session where I was importing track colours only.

I can confirm that neither of these behaviours occurred on previous versions of pro tools.

Pro tools 2023.12.1
MacBook Pro M1Max - 10 core, 64gb ram
Ventura 13.6.3
Old 02-03-2024, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Import Session Data Bugs - 2023.12.1

One annoying thing I'm seeing is when I import a track's settings, I'll choose to not bring the audio, but when the track loads in the progress bar appears to show it loading audio files in. No audio files are imported, but the fake loading bar makes the process take longer than normal. This is on Windows 11, Intel i9 10900K.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
2 new bugs I've uncovered from working in 2023.12 using "Import Session Data". Still present in the .1 hotfix . Have noticed this on several different computer systems I've worked on.

1. I used to be able to click and drag on the tracks list to select / unselect a number of tracks to be imported. I can still do this, but I'd say about 60% of the time what happens is that everything previously selected displays as unselected when my mouse click is in the down state. This doesn't actually deselect anything, because those tracks show as selected again after lifting my mouse back up. This simply makes it difficult to work in that window because I can't tell what's selected for import while clicking and dragging my mouse.

2. 2nd, and probably more critical bug, is something I've discovered when doing a source/destination import from one track to another. Any time I import from and to a track with a mapped physical output assigned on both the source and destination, this seems to create a double-mapping in the I/o window. It literally maps to that output twice, causing increased volume coming from that output. In the mix window, you'll see the little "+" icon showing it's double mapped. This can really throw you off if you don't notice it right away. The workaround is to go into the io window after an import, and fix the double mappings. The weirdest thing about this one is that I don't actually need to be importing output assignments. I just experienced this on a session where I was importing track colours only.

I can confirm that neither of these behaviours occurred on previous versions of pro tools.

Pro tools 2023.12.1
MacBook Pro M1Max - 10 core, 64gb ram
Ventura 13.6.3
Hi,

There is an on going bug on this. Let me create a support case for you so yours can also be tracked.
(Case 04753504)

Thank you

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 02-06-2024, 07:58 AM

Appreciate it. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2024, 02:20 PM

I'm seeing the same double mapping behaviour in 2023.12.1 as audiogamble. Also, the import process takes about 2 minutes when in 2023.6 the same import only takes about a second... it goes thru an "Updating I/O" series of messages being displayed even when I was only importing the Group property. It's unusable for a film session with many cues and union musicians on the clock.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
...Any time I import from and to a track with a mapped physical output assigned on both the source and destination, this seems to create a double-mapping in the I/o window. It literally maps to that output twice, causing increased volume coming from that output. In the mix window, you'll see the little "+" icon showing it's double mapped. This can really throw you off if you don't notice it right away. The workaround is to go into the io window after an import, and fix the double mappings. The weirdest thing about this one is that I don't actually need to be importing output assignments. I just experienced this on a session where I was importing track colours only....

I can confirm same behavior here - in my case importing *only* main volume settings set I/O to the double mapping.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 02-21-2024, 05:35 PM

Bug number 2 was happening for me in the previous version (2023.12) as well.

HDX Pro Tools 2023.6
Lynx Aurora (n) 32
2 Avid S1's
Old 02-23-2024, 09:07 AM

And...just did it again *only* importing groups.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 03-08-2024, 07:45 AM

Is this fixed in 2024.3?