Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 10:17 AM

Default \"DAE Error 1\" on MAC OSX - PLEASE HELP!!

I've just installed protools LE 6.1. on my OSX. The installation went smoothly, but everytime I try to open Protools it gets about 65% thru and gives me this "DAE error 1." The program won't open. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. The digi 002 is connected and turned on. And I followed all the setup guidlines for my system. If anybody has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm anxious to start recording. Thanks. Ryan
Old 09-26-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: \"DAE Error 1\" on MAC OSX - PLEASE HELP!!

Just a guess, as I've never had error 1 (I have had 2 through infinity, though). the DAE is, of course, the Audio Engine. Have you checked the Core Audio Driver? Did you load it correctly? And are you running 10.3.5?

That's all I can think of.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:00 PM

Gonna stick my neck out here and admit I don't know what you mean. What's 10.3.5? How do I check the core audio driver?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Gonna stick my neck out here and admit I don't know what you mean. What's 10.3.5? How do I check the core audio driver?
Ok, if you go to "the apple" on the top of your screen, and select "about this mac" what version of OS X are you running ?? that's what "10.3.5" would be, or "10.3.4" which is in fact the lates Mac OS fully supported by digi for PTLE

If you're running 6.1 I think you need to find what free update is available for you, your OS, and your hardware, 6.1.2 rings a bell, i think the 6.4 update is a paid update from 6.1 - I'm not even sure, i have too many systems, running on too many different platforms, and i haven't slept in 2 days - nevertheless... you can find this all out, from the digidesign site... so...

Update OS X to 10.3.4 - update Pro-tools LE as far as you can go, with the current reccomended cs update.

Usually fully updating everything, solves this type of "pro-tools won't load" problem, performance issues could be many things, hardawre or software configurations....

My G5 shipped with 10.3.2 and M-box shipped with LE 6.2.2 and wouldn't load, similar to your problem, as soon as I updated OS X to 10.3.5 (you should go 10.3.4 if you can) and PTLE to 6.4 w/ cs7 everything opened fine.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App