Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2011, 07:15 AM

Default Avid Customer Service: Great Experience!

Just thought I would share... I've read a number of posts on forums of people who have had not-so-good experiences with Avid customer support, but my recent experience was truly great and very much appreciated.

I was having trouble with my HD Accel Core Card and after weeks of troubleshooting on my own... trying every possible suggestion from countless forums, etc... (and having nothing solve the issue) I finally bit the bullet and paid $80 for an ASC support ticket with Avid. I wasn't too happy about that at first (based on some of the negative experiences I read that others had)... but after less then 5 min. on hold, my call was answered... the tech on the phone (Kyle) was extremely helpful, patient, and knew what he was talking about... We figured out that my issues were most likely related to a bad chip in my core card... so he set me up for an RMA/repair and explained how the process would work, pricing, etc...

Unfortunately, the repair on my core card cost a little over $700 (with tax and shipping), but I got my card back this week... works flawlessly... couldn't be happier. Avid followed up their service with a quick survey... which I gave them high marks on everything, but in the comments section... shared my feelings about paying $80 for a phone call that essentially just set me up with an RMA and still having to pay a big repair bill on top of that.

They responded to my survey within a few hours to say they appreciate my business and my suggestions and have decided to refund the $80 for the phone call... saying that their customer's opinions are very important to them and they are trying to do everything they can to improve the overall experience.

Anyways, sorry for the long-winded praise... just wanted to say that I really appreciate them listening and being proactive about trying to keep their customers happy ;-)

cheers.