Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Default I declare my ignorance

I have a computer armed with a Pentium 4 Hyper Treading at 3.0 Ghz, 2 Gb in RAM, Fast Track Pro, Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 registered to my name. I can not record and play properly and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, spend too much money for a friend brought me this material from the United States and do not want to lose my investment, the truth, I do not know what to do, I'm desperate. If anyone can help I will be very grateful. I tried to record in Pro Tools M - Powered 8.0.3, but I struggled with the handling of H/W Buffer Size, because it does not accepts the changes in size that I do, it always kept in 128 samples, or other size. I work as a music teacher and my passion is to record my music at home. I'm 57 years old and do not want to grow old without having the satisfaction of being able to produce my music.
Can anbody help me please.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:15 PM

Default Re: I declare my ignorance

Step number 1 is: read this post and paste a Sandra report in this thread.
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM

I've ran into the same type of problems with my pentium 4 system and I even had 4gb of memory, but one thing I did learn is to modify your computer internally so it could handle just PT's or else all the other programs will give you some type of problem. If you use your computer for other personal purposes then it's probably a good Idea to just dedicate one computer for all your recordings and forget about the past.

Im running PT M-Powered aswell but since my PC gave up on me, I had to install it on my laptop, but it does really help to go to "read before you post" page and do all the following mods to your system so it could work properly and it really does help!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 PM

Thanks VTI, first by responding to my call for help and second for giving me the information that hopefully helps me to solve this riddle of why my system is not working as it should. Thanks again, any thing that I can help you be willing to do.
Gabriel.