Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 AM

Default I can't record all of a sudden! please help!!

I'm working away, I closed one file, opened another and all of a sudden I can't record...

I click the red circle then play, and it plays, and the red circle keeps flashing, also, it always begins at the start, not where the little red marker is...

Does anyone know what happened? Did i push some buttons? I tried shutting down the whole ocmputer and starting again to no avail.

Also, about an hour before I somehow lost all my little guides... (pardon my lack of terminology) all the little lines on the individual track that help me cut and paste... I looked in view and couldn't figure it out, that would help too, but, I really need to finish this recording... it was almost done!

thank you,

ashleigh
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 AM

Default Re: I can't record all of a sudden! please help!!

It seems only that file has the issue with recording, so I will just scrap it and open a back up and start again, but I would really like to know how to get those little guide lines back... the ones that change when you change the tempo... they make it look like a grid..

thanks, any help is appreciated. I'm a terrible googler due to my lack of terminology
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 AM

Default Re: I can't record all of a sudden! please help!!

I suggest searching youtube for things like "pro tools using grid mode"(without the quotes). Youtube is a great source of tutorial help

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave