Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2003, 05:18 AM

Default Re: ProControl freaking out!!!

Hi,

We had this exact problem recently.

First, if you want a response from Digi, call them, don't wait here for a response. This is a users helping users forum.

Second, After a couple quick helpful calls with tech support, Digi advance replaced the unit and all is good. Yes, it cost a bunch of money but I suffered no downtime, and had a working ProControl overnight. A down ProControl does not render the system useless. We coasted for a day using a little mackie to run the monitors and it was a bit embarrasing but the session ran fine.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 11-19-2003, 07:34 AM

Hey Will,
When you called Digi Support, did you have to pay the $$'s per minute just to talk them. If not, what free Digi Support number did you call?

Oh, Apparently, since you recieved a new Procontrol, Digi must be aware of the Procontrol Freaking-Out Problem but has failed to inform the public as how they are handling the situation.

Bad Customer Service.

Old 11-20-2003, 05:50 AM

Hi airwavejoel,

Unfortunately, a gotta pay for tech support on out of warranty products. I called the number that's posted on their website (650) 731-6100 and yeah I paid.

The other thing is that just because a few ProControl users who read this DUC have had a similar problem does not mean that Digi should post the problem and it's resolution to the whole world. I mean, there's what, four of us here that had the problem? Out of how many ProControls sold? I don't mean this to be a flame but IMHO this hardly constitutes bad customer service. I have found Digidesign tech support to be just fine.

I do hope that you call Digi and get your problem resolved! The problem sure can be embarrasing in front of a client!
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 11-21-2003, 06:21 AM

Hi Will,

Glad to see/hear you had great service. That is indeed how it should be. Nothing less.

I had 3 weeks down time and two units shipped to me (faulty). Bad quality control out of Europe. I had a client out from Philedalphia USA. Really embarrasing trying to explain this problem.

Also a client from UK. They had to go on Holiday for a week whilst we sorted this out. Could track eventually! Nearly lost the gig though.

VERY poor comunications from Digi etc. Needs to be improved this side of the Atlantic. Good to hear the USA receives great service!

I am sure all things will improve. One should however point out if something is lacking as far as commitment to customer service statements.

Regards,

Nik

Old 12-06-2003, 04:53 AM

Here are my serial numbers...

Main Unit KH0124400C
Fader pack KJ0095000C

Both with the "freaking out" problem.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:26 AM

my main section went berzerk the other day... wierd fonts, powering on and off a few times a second... I tried the reset firmware thing and it worked (thank god).
Old 12-23-2003, 12:21 PM

will this reset thing work on Digi002 since I have the same problem with my digi002 the only difference is that instead of the weard font I get random small dots sometimes.
if there is a reset for digi002 please let me know.
PEACE
Old 08-30-2004, 05:35 PM

You can add me to this list...my fader pack has recently started showing all the symptoms described in this thread.
Chris
Old 09-13-2004, 04:35 PM

To everyone whose Procontrol is freaking out,
For several months, my Procontrol experienced the EXACT same problems on a daily basis.

Installng a New Power Supply cured the "freaking out" problem. A simple, inexpensive fix.

My procontrol is completely happy now. The Procontrol has been powered on for over two months since I installed a new power supply and the Procontrol has operated completely faithful.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:43 AM

That's great news if it works for me as mine is getting worse...did you have it installed yourself or did you send it in to digi?How much was it if you can remember?
Thanks for the info,
Chris