Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2003, 07:27 AM

Default OT: Buying PT soundcard and 882 interface. I need help.

Hi there

The last few days I have talked to a guy, who is about to sell his PT hardware (card and 882 interface), for $300.

When I asked him about the card and interface, he said that he was not very clever on the technical part. He bought these parts used, about 4 years ago, but his Mac was broken one month after, and he has not got it fixed since.

Saturday I mailed him some pictures of a d24 card and a Mix card. Now he is mailing me back, saying that his card looks like the Mix card......?????

I have asked him about the paperwork and some pictures of all of it, and Im now waiting for reply.

My problem is that I dont want to drive 3 hours to find out that its an old nubus card etc. And if I do it anyway, I want to be able to tell if the card is infact a Mix card. Is this possible?

How do you guys buy used hardware and software, and still get what you paid for?

Secondly. If it is a 4 year old Mix card, will I be able to use it with PT 6? (I dont really know if there has been different versions of this card)

Thirdly. What is the full name of the 882 interface that works with the Mix card?

What do you think about this...Is it too stinky???

Thanks for any help, and sorry for this post.

Pindebraende

Mikkel
Sonic Salute SFX Libraries
IMDB