Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2024, 04:12 PM

Default Internal renderer live renderers not staying on input

Using ProTools Ultimate. Just switched my workflow from the external renderer to the internal renderer with basically no issues except for the input status of my live rerender tracks is not staying that way once I close and open the session. I have a 7.1.4, a 5.1 and a 2.0 all being monitored on input via live re renders routing to different sources in the DADMan. All those tracks used to stay in input once I closed the session and opened it back up but they do not do that now. My friend confirmed the same thing on a separate rig. This is something that needs to get fixed unless there is some preference in the new PT that I'm not seeing.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Internal renderer live renderers not staying on input

This might be a bug, and a good catch if it is. It also might be a safety in case you accidentally route a live re-render back to the renderer. If you're just using the Re-renders for metering the usual use case here is to create an Aux Track and route the Re-render to that Aux with the metering plugin on the Aux.
Old 03-19-2024, 06:24 PM

Right. I thought that. Seems like a bug though. It's definitely moving backwards.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:36 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Using ProTools Ultimate. Just switched my workflow from the external renderer to the internal renderer with basically no issues except for the input status of my live rerender tracks is not staying that way once I close and open the session. I have a 7.1.4, a 5.1 and a 2.0 all being monitored on input via live re renders routing to different sources in the DADMan. All those tracks used to stay in input once I closed the session and opened it back up but they do not do that now. My friend confirmed the same thing on a separate rig. This is something that needs to get fixed unless there is some preference in the new PT that I'm not seeing.
Hello, David here from the Avid Community. I've gone ahead and created a case for you for our tech team to look at: 04775986. Thank you for spotting.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:58 AM

Great. thanks.