Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 02:35 PM

Default CPU overload

Today I was working for about 8 hours with some projects and suddenly the cpu load spiked and jumped up and down like a mad "thing". There where a distorted sound coming from my speakers then the pc froze. After a reboot I reloaded the project and it happend again, even after 4 try. I manage to do a propper shut down these last times.

I the deleted the digidesign cataloges that PT creats on every drive, and tried again with the same result. I rebooted and went into Options and put the cpu load down to like 70%. Loaded the project and it worked great. The cpu meter was stable so I put the spu load back to 95%. It the worked great.

I have PT7 and a Dell Workstation with dual 3.4ghz cpus with 4gb ram.
This is the only problem I have had with PT and this computer. I'm doing two full cds now so the load on the cpu is great and after PT7 the cpu load has gone to the half. Very impressive.

Anyone else seen this happen and what have you done to correct it???
Old 11-20-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: CPU overload

I was having a CPU spike when using certain frequencies on the Pultec EQP-1A that is yet to be resolved. You can read more here.
I've also read that saving a session, closing PT then reopening it all will lower CPU usage, doesn't sound like an issue with you though.

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation